New support box

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubba02STi

Reaction score
So I ran to target today to get these cheap "floating" display shelfs for my sons room (yes for rockets too) and I started wandering around looking for "just the right" support box... Well I had a bunch of rubbermaid boxes in various sizes then I stumbled upon this sweetness in their tools isle

2012-09-02181257.jpg

It is a stanley orginizer... With cutting out two walls with an exacto jnife I was able to fit everything in there minus the launch rods

What is in it:
Engines (have extra slots for more and larger ones)
The tripod legs for the launch pad
The swivel mount for the launch rod
The blast deflector (needed to cut the walls to fit it)
Launch controller
Recovery wadding
Ignitors and plugs (in the red containers I just wanted to make sure they dont go loose even though the box is pretty tight)
A space for extra parachutes
"on site" fix supplies such as glue sand paper and an exacto knife
Wind sock for launch rod

Note this is for a basic setup without,the launch pad tripods legs abd controller there would be more room...

It seems like those Stanley organizers are pretty popular; lots of folks on here use them for range boxes. I carry pretty much the same stuff you listed, but I've got it in an aluminum case I got at Harbor freight.

Range Box 2.jpg

Yeah iwas thinking a tackle box at first but that would mean I would be in a baot shop amd well lets just say I would forget why I got the tackle box in the first place and would have spent way more then $10 lol

Both of those work well. I have 2 of the first and one of the second from harbor freight.

The compartment sizes of the Stanley boxes are perfect for bp motor storage, weather your preference is vertical or horizontal.
motorbox2.JPG

I would have a hayday with that many motors... Lol im thinking of picking up another one of these as a"build box" then using the other as a range box...

Latest posts

Back