New Star Trek Enterprise

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the Enterprise-A was quite possibly the best looking Starship ever designed for any TREK incarnation, but the original 60's model was a close second.

I agree 100%.

With this being a reboot movie....I guess they could have made the Enterprise look worse......at least it resembles the original.

-Rich

I've liked them all, some a lot more than others. The fifth movie is a low point for me, though it did have its moments. I couldn't really get into DS9 that much, but enjoyed the rest of the series and movies. I would have liked the new USS Enterprise to look more like TOS or the first movie, but I'll watch it on the big screen or on DVD anyway and see how it plays out. Hopefully it will be more than a shoot-em-up or a dazzle-em-with techno-wiz movie.

Ya know what I hated about the fifth movie?? The cartoonish way the special effects looked... I mean, come on, I coulda understood it if the movie would have been made in '72, but really... The outfit they hired must've been junior high filmmakers or something...

The story certainly could have been better... the writing was good enough but the 'premise' was off... I mean, come on, "Kirk and co. go looking for God"... what studio exec approved that and what had he smoked the night before?? Ya know it's gonna be so-so at best right from the start... Now if they'd have made it about blind faith in a charismatic yet charlatan political leader (ala Obama) then it could have worked... :rolleyes:

Oh well... OL JR :)

Ya know what I hated about the fifth movie?? The cartoonish way the special effects looked... I mean, come on, I coulda understood it if the movie would have been made in '72, but really... The outfit they hired must've been junior high filmmakers or something...

The story certainly could have been better... the writing was good enough but the 'premise' was off... I mean, come on, "Kirk and co. go looking for God"... what studio exec approved that and what had he smoked the night before?? Ya know it's gonna be so-so at best right from the start... Now if they'd have made it about blind faith in a charismatic yet charlatan political leader (ala Obama) then it could have worked... :rolleyes:

Oh well... OL JR :)

I actually liked the fifth movie. To me, it was Star Trek Season Three as a movie, right up there with "Spock's Brain" or "The Way to Eden" - ridiculous, but enjoyable. "The Voyage Home", however, I absolutely detest...

Anyway, according to Shatner's Star Trek Movie Memories (which, as with all things Shatner, must be taken with a grain of salt) the production ran into problems with a transportation strike, a reduced budget, and a visual effects house that failed to meet promises and expectations. As for the story, apparently Paramount did have misgivings about the story, and Shatner even says that Nimoy asked him to reconsider, but Shatner pushed it through anyway.

Back