New Rocketry App for Android

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Reaction score
There is a new rocketry app for Android called Rocketry Tools.

Rocketry Tools is a set of utilities for model rocketry enthusiasts. It simulates rocket flights using actual motor thrust curves and calculates ejection charge and parachute sizes. Also includes the ability to log flights. Estimates altitude, velocity, and acceleration of your model rocket.

It is available in the Android market. You can also see screen shots and instructions on how to use it at www.fiveforfiveapps.com. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

modelconfiguration2.png

motorgraph_200.png

I can't find it in the market. I have an original Droid with Verizon.:confused:

I just looked for it (Verizon and Motorola Bionic) and initially there were just two programs displayed, but in the right corner was a note saying that there were 8 items found. Touched that and it showed "Rocketry Tools" app.

I've never paid more than $5 for an app...I passed on this when I saw $9.97

I can't find it in the market. I have an original Droid with Verizon.:confused:

I am sorry that you had trouble finding it. What version of Android do you have? Currently Rocketry Tools is compiled to run on Android 2.2 or newer due to the ability to use multi-touch to zoom on the graphs. I can check to see if I can get it working on an older version if you tell me which one you have. If you are using an older version the market may not show it to you.

I am sorry that you had trouble finding it. What version of Android do you have? Currently Rocketry Tools is compiled to run on Android 2.2 or newer due to the ability to use multi-touch to zoom on the graphs. I can check to see if I can get it working on an older version if you tell me which one you have. If you are using an older version the market may not show it to you.

Android market build version 3.1.5
Android o/s 2.2.2 Original Motorola Droid

Time to update your OS......
2.3.4 is the current build.

It shows up for me on my Droid X2.
Can someone please port WRASP 2.1 to Android?

JD

Android market build version 3.1.5
Android o/s 2.2.2 Original Motorola Droid

Hmmm, according to those specs it should be available to you from the market. I even checked the list of devices that Google says my app is available for and the Motorola Droid is one of them. You could log into the market from your computer and see if it tells you if it is available on your device.

Can someone please port WRASP 2.1 to Android?

It would be difficult to do a pure port of WRASP to Android. The way that Android handles screens is fundamentally different than Windows. It would take quite a bit of effort to develop a suitable user interface on top of WRASP. Not impossible but difficult.

I believe the problem lies with the 2.2.2 OS build version.
You need to update to get some things on the market.
Netflix being another.

I heard that it was a security issue that they fixed in later versions required for the market place transactions.

I had the DX version 1 up till the camera flaked out.
They ran out of them and sent me a new DX2 as a warranty replacement.

I think that the original Droid may have been left out of the upgrade,
due to it's age and system specs.

JD

Last edited:
At the launch today, someone showed me 2 apps one from Madcow and another iRocket maybe/ But they for Apple. I was looking for this one, Rocketry Tools, but could not find it. I am running Android v13 on a Samsung S23+. Can anyone steer me in the right direction? Thank you.

Oh. Sometimes I miss things like that. So with all the advances in technology, there are no Android rocketry apps?

Latest posts

Back