New Moderators

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you ask him?

Actually, we'll be relooking the older mods depending on if they still want involvement or not, and if they frequent the board at least once a day (unless on vacation or chasing goats for the newbies).

I did not ask him but I saw nothing to suggest he asked in jest. Beyond that, I'm sure others were wondering the same thing he was as I know I was curious if the list of moderators had just been doubled or if the older ones were being replaced. I know that there are several moderators listed that haven't visited the forum lately and saw no reason why they would still be listed as a moderator but that choice is up to you and I was curious what choice you had made and would assume others would be just as curious.

-Aaron

Yes, my question was asked sincerely. Since akpilot listed the new moderators, I was truly curious about who the existing mods are.

The existing mods are listed next to the forums. Existing does not mean active. I'm sure the new forum assignments will be worked out soon. Currently there are forums with no active mods assigned. :surprised:

Congrats to all. They join a small and select group of people helping out in this important site.

But my sympathies too. I don't think they have a clue what they are in for.

Oh, come now. This is no time for discouraging talk! :)

By the way, could somebody please help me out from under this rock I've been living under? :lol:

Yes, my question was asked sincerely. Since akpilot listed the new moderators, I was truly curious about who the existing mods are.

JRThro:

Back out to the main forum screen and the moderators are listed at the bottom right of the page. Different forums have different combinations of mods.

For example, the "Coffeee House" mods are KenParker, CTulanko, and akpilot.

Hope this helps!

Congrats to all the
new victims....

ehhh...

...moderators !

You've gotta have guts and thick skin, cuz'
whatever you do or don't do will always tick
someone off and make you a prime target
for unconstructive critisism and royal venting...

Please stay logical and objective and stay the course...

I promise to behave or at least try to...
:hahaha::ahhhhh:

JRThro:

Back out to the main forum screen and the moderators are listed at the bottom right of the page. Different forums have different combinations of mods.

For example, the "Coffeee House" mods are KenParker, CTulanko, and akpilot.

Hope this helps!
Thanks, it did help. But on my main page, it doesn't actually list the mods at the bottom right of the page. However, when I click the "View Forum Leaders" link near the bottom right of the page, it gives a nice complete list of who moderates which area.

He didn't ask me, but as I said up-thread, it was an honest question.

And I'm not sure I understand your reaction here, unless you're really tired of people hounding you, and heada and I are the recipients of your misplaced frustration.

I dont belive he was fustrated but merely trying to lighten the mood perhaps with a bit of humour. Obviously the list is in flux right now but soon it will be fixed. I look forward to working with new mods to help cut down on the signal to noise ratio around here :)
Cheers
fred

John Partridge (peartree)

Well, now I understand the moniker. It all makes sense. Can I bring socks made from goat hair?

Thanks for the congratulations. I've just transistioned to being a stay at home dad so TRF will be my link to the outside world. I'm checking the classifieds for goats now.

John

He didn't ask me, but as I said up-thread, it was an honest question.

And I'm not sure I understand your reaction here, unless you're really tired of people hounding you, and heada and I are the recipients of your misplaced frustration.

It was a ShredFred answer, I was trying to lighten the mood a bit.

As Gilda would say, "Neeeevvver Mind!"

Well, I think at the new mod induction ceremony, they'll tell us what's up with the goat... but then we won't be able to tell you. :p

I did a stint as a mod on a Star Trek forum for a couple of years, so I have an inkling of what we're in for.

Can we make it them 'Tennessee fainting goats'?

I need to find them on youtube for my kids to see. I remember seeing them back in the '70s on "That's Incredible" and I was rolling on the floor.

I need to find them on youtube for my kids to see. I remember seeing them back in the '70s on "That's Incredible" and I was rolling on the floor.

Here's one..News clip explaining their 'nature'...Still funny!:lol:

OOOP!:eek: Forgot the linky part!:eek:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/we9_CdNPuJg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/we9_CdNPuJg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I dont belive he was fustrated but merely trying to lighten the mood perhaps with a bit of humour. Obviously the list is in flux right now but soon it will be fixed. I look forward to working with new mods to help cut down on the signal to noise ratio around here :)
Cheers
fred
Fred, I'm pretty sure you mean you look forward to working with the new mods to help *increase* the signal to noise ratio, since it's pretty darned low already. You *do* want more signal and less noise, don't you?
;)

Aaaannnnddd, on a positve note. I'd like to, again, thank those people who have volunteered their time and effort to moderate this message board.

We offer no pay, no benefits, and little gratitude - now that's a real volunteer with a sincere interest in model rocketry!!!

Fred, I'm pretty sure you mean you look forward to working with the new mods to help *increase* the signal to noise ratio, since it's pretty darned low already. You *do* want more signal and less noise, don't you?
;)
Of course I was in a bit of a hurry working lots these days and darn little time. Never did type very well. I am sure new mods will usher in a new spirit of cooperation and useful , fun posts. You may rest assured I will be doing my level best and thanks for that little reminder :)

Thank goodness a board like this can't have enough moderators.

Latest posts

Back