New guy here from VA Eastern Shore

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Shendock

Reaction score
Hello and thanks for having me.

This group was recommended by a member of the space-modelers group of which I belong - glad they did. Out here on the VA Eastern Shore, we're somewhat isolated.

I'm a retired aerospace engineer (some rocketry but mostly a payloads guy) living near the NASA Wallops Island Flight Facility. The good & bad of it - get to see rocket launches. Also good for planes in flight but difficult to launch my own because of flight path restrictions.

Started building "real space" model rockets, flying model rockets and NASA air back in the 90's as a way to relax. Collected a number of kits during the process and enjoyed building many. Experienced restrictions on launch but still enjoyed building flying model rockets.

I hope to do a few things here:
1) find a local group I can join, building & launching with - kits I'm retaining are precious to me and want to do them well
2) have a couple flying rocket kits I'm willing to part with to a good home at a very modest cost
3) also recommended to this group, but maybe of less interest as I have a number of plastic (& some resin) model kits of "real space" launch vehicles, NASA Air, airplane and manned mission to part with at very modest costs.

Looking forward to exploring this site and continuing to enjoy rocketry.

Welcome! I grew up in Bloxom, and Dad worked in the Range Control Center through the late 1970's. Plenty of open space to fly there, if you can make friends with a local farmer or two.

Me and @arconhi are local to you! The two of us occasionally get together to fly LPR and MPR at a field down near Quinby, and I fly with MDRA for HPR. I see tsmith1315 has already linked you to MDRA. I'd be happy to invite you next time we get together, and I'm sure arconhi will agree.

Last edited:
Back