National Sport Launch 2013! Pueblo Co.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John B. I was wondering about the banquet ticket avaiablity at the launch site. The reason why I am asking is that I had a member of my club (kosmo nar 427) Wilder Parks pre register and he did so just a few days after the cut off date for the banquet and was not able to register for it for some reason. I was just wondering since there is still seating listed on the website if it would be still possable to get into the banquet. If not I will give up my spot for him to enjoy the event. I did not see the cut off date my self untill after a couple of days after it was posted here by you. Even though the launch registration is still open.

We have a max seating for the banquet of 95. Between the people who signed up and paid via the website we are over 80. Then there are others that signed up and paid by check that didn't go through the web site. Many of these are local fliers. We also have people that signed up, paid but now cannot attend NSL. When you put all this together, the person in charge in our club will need to figure out how many if any seats are left for the banquet. We will announce this out at the field Saturday.

On a related Note: Less than two weeks ago we only had 40 people signed up for the banquet. The Hosting club was now on the line to pay for 40 banquet tickets out of pocket since we guaranteed the restaurant 80 dinners for the night. Less than two weeks later we are now turning people away, which is great in the fact we are going to have a full house for the banquet but it is going to leave some people upset that they won't be able to attend.

As for the launch registration still being open there is no limit to the number of fliers that can fly out at a launch site and we will accept fliers signing up on site as well.
Signing up for T-Shirts has also been turned off since it takes time to print the shirts. There will be a limited number of shirts available on site for purchase if anyone wishes to have one since we would rather sell out of shirts then have 50 plus shirts left after an event which has happened to us in the past.

John Boren

Last edited:
Thanks for the information about the Banquet. I will check again about this at the regestration table on Saturday when we check in.

What's even stranger than fiction is that with over 100 flyers registered, the pre-order for motors has been almost non-existant. Guessing folks are bringing their own supply or expecting miracles on site. Too late now for me to be able to accomodate the desires of the masses. It's pick and choose time. Shop early for best selection.

Who do I tell that I can't go? I'd hate for someone to miss the banquet because I had a ticket and was 1500 miles away.

Roy

Roy,

Know Carl will be really disappointed. He was looking forward to seeing you again. He is already there, wanted to visit several people while in the Denver area.

Sheryl

Roy,

Know Carl will be really disappointed. He was looking forward to seeing you again. He is already there, wanted to visit several people while in the Denver area.

Sheryl

Yep, I'm real disappointed. This was a perfect opportunity to make a pilgrimage to Penrose. But I got a severe stomach bug Sunday night that shot all my final preparations to heck, and out of an abundance of caution (last time I had something like this I had a blockage where I was about an hour away from being operated on. It mysteriously disappeared, but I still had a $15k hospital bill) I spent a bit of time in dr.s offices. Everything is fine now, but it would take me till Saturday to get on the road. Thought about taking a flight out there Saturday morning and just not fly any rockets. Still an option, I guess.

I should be in Ohio for NARAM though.

Hope y'all are doing ok.

Roy

AeroTech Releases Two New DMS™ Motors at NSL Launch in Pueblo, CO
AeroTech is introducing two new motors in its DMS™ Disposable Motor System™ line of adjustable delay and ejection single-use motors at the NAR`s upcoming NSL launch in Pueblo, CO, the 29mm G80T-14A and H195T-14A.

Who do I tell that I can't go? I'd hate for someone to miss the banquet because I had a ticket and was 1500 miles away.

Roy

Sorry to hear you won't make the NSL, Roy. :(

I will look forward to seeing you at NARAM-55.

At the Hampton Inn. Hoping the winds die down for tomorrow.

Hey Shamous.

Its Fred from Denver. We were next to each other on North end of the flight line.. We stayed at the Days End. Pleasure meeting you all Kansas. Hope your trip home was safe

Those who have posted pix from NSL 2013, thanks so much!

For those who have not --- could you do a fellow rocketeer who was unable to attend NSL a favor? In the attached photo (courtesy of John Boren - thanks, John!), you will see a rocket, dead center of the picture, partially obscured by another in front of it. The rocket has a complex decal scheme, and is an "Argus II", a Design of the Month winner is the old Estes Model Rocket News magazine. There's also a cropped portion of this table photo, with the Argus II's nose visible as the somewhat yellowed rocket with the complex cockpit decals.

The favor I ask is --- if anyone has any additional views of this table of rockets, possibly from additional angles, could you please post them? This rocket is one of only a few DOM winners to ever have a "photo" included in MRN (the final photo in the set). It would be great if we could get a look at additional views of this constructed kit, so those of us who love to build the old DOM designs could create an accurate replica. As you can see, it uses a lot of decals from the "Interceptor" sheet, along with others.

Any additional views of this kit would be most appreciated. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 131642 View attachment 131644 View attachment 131643

The favor I ask is --- if anyone has any additional views of this table of rockets, possibly from additional angles, could you please post them? This rocket is one of only a few DOM winners to ever have a "photo" included in MRN (the final photo in the set). It would be great if we could get a look at additional views of this constructed kit, so those of us who love to build the old DOM designs could create an accurate replica. As you can see, it uses a lot of decals from the "Interceptor" sheet, along with others.
Your request caused me to go back to my originals to see if I'd missed posting anything at my link above and I found I'd missed one table photo which I've now added to the gallery, but it was unfortunately not the table you want. So, I apparently missed at least one table at the showing. I skipped tables that had people in front of them and thought I'd gone back to get them later, but apparently did not. Too busy visiting with others, I guess.

Those who have posted pix from NSL 2013, thanks so much!

For those who have not --- could you do a fellow rocketeer who was unable to attend NSL a favor? In the attached photo (courtesy of John Boren - thanks, John!), you will see a rocket, dead center of the picture, partially obscured by another in front of it. The rocket has a complex decal scheme, and is an "Argus II", a Design of the Month winner is the old Estes Model Rocket News magazine. There's also a cropped portion of this table photo, with the Argus II's nose visible as the somewhat yellowed rocket with the complex cockpit decals.

Any additional views of this kit would be most appreciated. Thanks for looking!

View attachment 131642 View attachment 131644 View attachment 131643

Here is one shot of that table that I took, looking at it from a different angle.

Attachments

• IMG_1514.jpg
    IMG_1514.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 59
Hey Shamous.

Its Fred from Denver. We were next to each other on North end of the flight line.. We stayed at the Days End. Pleasure meeting you all Kansas. Hope your trip home was safe

Great meeting you guys too. Had a great time and really enjoyed being next to guys.

Compilation video of the 6” Diameter by 12ft tall SPAM rocket I flew at NSL 2013 in Pueblo, CO on May 25, 2013. I had several different photos, before and during launch, several different video camera angles, and even onboard video (the whole sequence sped up and slowed down). Thanks Doug Gerrard for the use of the launch pad and your video camera equipment. Enjoy and thanks for viewing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiZTifOeSYY

Compilation video of the 6” Diameter by 12ft tall SPAM rocket I flew at NSL 2013 in Pueblo, CO on May 25, 2013. I had several different photos, before and during launch, several different video camera angles, and even onboard video (the whole sequence sped up and slowed down). Thanks Doug Gerrard for the use of the launch pad and your video camera equipment. Enjoy and thanks for viewing!

Great work Skippy, some of the best video I have ever seen. Would love to see this rocket fly in person, any chance you would bring it to an SSS launch?

Great flight and video, Gerry! :cool:

Gerald,

Loved watching that flight in person. It was a pleasure meeting at NSL 2013. Thanks for including me and my humble rockets in your slide show. Go Spam Go!!

Back