National Food Celebration Days

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cwbullet

Obsessed with Rocketry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Mod
Reaction score
Today is Gramcracker and Apple Turnover Day. Gimmick or not, go enjoy. What do do you think?

How about a Gramcracker apple turnover s’more hmmmmm sounds interesting lol

Got an email from a local fast food drive in that today is national Fried Chicken Day.
unnamed.jpg
I like fried chicken but three different kinds of fried chicken on one plate?
Too much of a good thing for me.

A couple of days ago it was Fat Tuesday (Mardi Gras).
Traditionally in some areas of the country people pig out on doughnuts.
In other areas they pig out on fastnacht, a deep fried potato pastry.
Here it's malasadas!
A doughy batter that is deep fried in oil then coated with sugar.
Not heart healthy, but oh so good.
20220303_094321.jpg
BTW today is National Cold Cuts Day.
I got it covered for lunch.
Laters.

I sure like to be able to see the military budget cut about 10 billion dollars yearly and use that money and have it go to one of the best organizations out there as far as money going to the actual goal versus administrative cost, and that is Feed the Children. It is a worldwide hunger relief effort, and as humans on this planet, we should have every person living to at least have adequate food, clothing, and shelter. After those requirements are met then let the world crazies go out and kill anybody they want, in all of the multiple wars that never cease. But let's take care of each other first.
I'll take Butterscotch Pie.😍

Hey, I just noticed that there are two National Guacamole Days.
Sept. 16 and Nov. 14.
:questions:
And shouldn't National Tortilla Chip Day be on the same day?

BTW tomorrow is National Cherry Popover Day, so make sure you pop some cherries eat some cherry popovers in celebration.
😁
And on a more serious note, Sept. 2 is National Food Bank Day. Please consider a donation. I just made a donation for something I can use: purchase of a T shirt benefitting my local food bank.
Laters.

Good one. A good peice of Pumpkin Spice Cheese care is woth the calories

Please, stop the torture of pumpkin spice. I canna take anymore...

I'm celebrating again with malasadas.
I had Google that up:
What is a malasada in Hawaii?

The malasada, a small, deep fried dough confection, has become integrated into the broad spectrum of “local food.” The Portuguese sweet treat was first brought to Hawaii by Portuguese laborers from the Azores and Madeira Islands who came to work in the sugar plantations.

Is a scam. IMHO it should be National "Poke-A-Divot in the bottom so you can find and skip the cream-filled ones" Day :)

I always looked for the caramels and the nut fillings.
Mrs just takes a bite and if she doesn't like it , puts it back. Cream, caramel, nuts. Makes no matter what one.

Feb. 22: National Chili Day.
1708619507025.png

In elementary school we used to mash up the chili and rice in our school lunch.
We called it "dog food".
Heh.

Back