NARAM-53 / DAILY SCHEDULE FOR EVENTS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ez2cDave

Reaction score
When will the daily schedule of events for NARAM-53 be available ?

There is a chance that I will not be able to be there for the entire week and would like to know which events are on which days of the week, so I can choose the events I want to compete in.

I'll have to arrange for my PMC & B Scale Alt rockets to be sent on ahead, in time for turn-in for judging.

Thanks,
Dave

Glad to see this will be a close drive for me! I live just north of Columbus and don't know much about the events that go on at NARAM.

I am just interested in flying HPR. Can this be done any time during the event, or are there only certain windows where this is allowed?

I understand a detailed schedule is a ways off, but just would like a general understanding about how it works.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom,

What sport flying (HPR or otherwise) is allowed varies from year to year as it is held in a different place each time. As I understand it, the field that we will have access to near Cincinnati is not huge and will limit us in what impulse motors will be allowed.

If you live near Columbus you should look into flying with CSAR or TORC. CSAR flys at least monthly from Daree fields in the summer and from a huge cornfield in Plain City when there are no crops. You can find contact info here:

https://www.nar.org/NARseclist.php

TORC is flying at least monthly from an even bigger field farther west.

https://www.torc703.org/

I've flown with both and they are all great folks.

I'm not sure if this would work for anyone not tagged as a member of our planning team, but we're working on using Google's cloud computing calendar functionality for the main NARAM schedule. That calendar is at https://www.google.com/calendar/emb...roup.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/New_York

--Chan Stevens

I just checked it - it shows registration and NAR board meeting on Sun the 17th, sport flying and other activities on the 18th , I'll bet that should be the 22nd and 23rd

I just checked it - it shows registration and NAR board meeting on Sun the 17th, sport flying and other activities on the 18th , I'll bet that should be the 22nd and 23rd

Correct--I have no idea why it's displaying those events that way, but when I pull them up to edit they are definitely showing the right dates/times. I've kicked it to our web guy to investigate. None of the other events seem to have this problem.

Does not work for the unwashed masses not in the inner planning circle...

Will there be any of the high power contests?

A

Maybe you just need to have a registered Google ID (or depends on what you wash with?)--Dale's not one of the users the calendar has been tagged with as a "shared user".

As for HPR contests, we will be supporting HPR sport flight activity, no competition events, and haven't locked down a waiver yet but are expecting it to be relatively low (not much higher than 3k). We're flying near the flight path to CVG and are pretty close to urban development. Great field for LPR/MPR, not so great for HPR.

Correct--I have no idea why it's displaying those events that way, but when I pull them up to edit they are definitely showing the right dates/times. I've kicked it to our web guy to investigate. None of the other events seem to have this problem.
One additional glitch - when I click on the Marriott Hotel map - I get a map of Marriott hotels near my hometown , not the NARAM Mariott

The site's not "live" yet. I was just sharing info about the calendar. There are plenty of glitches and missing chunks of the web page. I'm expecting to turn on a functioning site at the end of the year, at which point all you eager beavers can jump right out there and register, book the hotel, maybe even browse links to local restaurants with menus (I kid you not--one person was asking me in September for restaurant info and if I'd settled on the menu for the banquet).

--Chan Stevens

Chan

Seriously, it would be nice if there could be a bit of the new HPR competition, if only one event. It might serve to draw a few more people out. Nothing extravagant, H or I would be cool.

A

Chan

Seriously, it would be nice if there could be a bit of the new HPR competition, if only one event. It might serve to draw a few more people out. Nothing extravagant, H or I would be cool.

A

That certainly helped boost a larger turnout at N-52, but this is N-53. This is not being held on a wide open ranch with miles of recovery room and waivers approaching low Earth orbit. There are lots of opportunities throughout the year, across the country to fly the big stuff to your heart's content. There is one gathering every year to determine the national champions in model rocketry. This is that meet. We'll support HPR as much as we can, but it's NARAM, not LDRS.

OK, it's your event. I was just hoping to see (and participate in) some of the new contest ideas that interest me. I was not asking for 3" motors and 75# rockets. Just a bit more scope. I do understand that the field may not be suited for what I am asking. Still I figured it could not hurt to ask.

Back