My 1/4A Chute-Howdy PD rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdjsky01

Kim's Rocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
One of my clubs is supposed to have a 1/4A PD fun event Sunday. I bet I am the only entry! :D
Do I go whole hog and make a pop lug?

Designed and built in the last 90 minutes. But still needs a launch lug or pop lug or flyaway lug - what can I use? Some sort of rubber... I don't want to do the body tube clam shell.

:)
:clap:
BT-5
1/64th plywood
6.8 grams I think when all said and done (6.6 as it sits)

IMG_6822.jpg

Use a piston and/or tower instead. If you want to use a pop lug, use brass or aluminum for the lug. The metal is more durable than your standard launch lug. I know this from using a CMR pop lug from the 1980s several times and kept splitting the supplied lug. Good luck.

Use a piston and/or tower instead. If you want to use a pop lug, use brass or aluminum for the lug. The metal is more durable than your standard launch lug. I know this from using a CMR pop lug from the 1980s several times and kept splitting the supplied lug. Good luck.

I the end, I wound up with a small streamlined launch lug. :) I am not (yet) any sort of BTC... :D Yes yes. I know that will be draggy bad bad. :D

I don't have a tower or a piston. But if someone brings one, and will let me try it, I'll cut the lug off. :D:D I am more of the 'beginner would be happy to have qualified flights' ilk for now.

Oh and in the end, with chute, shock cord, shroud lines etc. it wound up at a portly 7.7 grams. :eek:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back