Multi-pad launcher

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandyM

Reaction score
I'm going to build a multi-pad launch system for a upcoming Cub Scout launch. I won't be until early spring, but these things have a way of sneaking up fast!

I'm looking for a schematic of a system that can control 6 low power pads and 2 or 3 mid power pads. ( I like to launch a few of my mid power stuff on some AP to "get their attention") .

The only real requirements I have are they need to use a relay and have the ability to run a continuity check and I want some thing that is simple to build. I also want it to be able to drag race.

To make this easier. What are your time and money constraints? Wire for these doesn't run cheap as i found out.:rotflol:

To make this easier. What are your time and money constraints? Wire for these doesn't run cheap as i found out.:rotflol:

This shouldn't be a problem. I should have just about every part needed to build it. I built one based on the single launcher plan in rocketryonline.com. It worked fine on the bench but kept blowing fuses the first time I put it to use. I didn't really have the time back then to look into why since other projects were more important at the time.

My son Ben built one of those for his Eagle scout project see attached photo! It is a modular 12 volt relay launch system that easily breaks down to to fit in the trunk of a car. It has both a continuity check and relay test built into each separate pad. My club has been using this system for both low and mid power launches for the past two years. If you P.M. me your e-mail address I can ask Ben to send you the schematics. We are working on a write-up for Sport Rocketry Magazine but with so many writing projects between the two of us, neither my son or I have the time to finish the article.

Bruce S. Levison, #69055

dragracetwo.jpg

Back