Motors-what brand?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What brand of motor?

• Cesaroni

• Rousetech/aerotech

• Homemade

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
29mm: Aerotech & CTI, slightly favoring CTI despite a bunch higher cost
38mm: LOKI !!! Also EX (homemade)
54mm: Mostly EX (homemade), some LOKI !!!
76mm: EX (homemade)
98mm: EX (homemade)

Pretty much only fly commercial for small motors. Don't want to afford larger commercial motors.
If Scott would start making 29mm loads, I'd fly Loki at 29mm ;-)

I voted Cesaroni, I do like those for ease of lading and clean up. Also, if I'm doing a cluster flight, or staging, I'll lean toward Cesaroni. But, I started many years ago with Aerotech, and I do like their motors, as well. I'll play with Open Rocket with various simulations, and use whatever motor will give me the flight I'm looking for. Phil L.

I buy from the onsite vendor (satellite of AMW-ProX), so it's all CTI for me. I could get my hands on aerotechs if I wanted to, but I like the reliability of CTI. Also the certification specials are a hard thing to pass up!

How many certification specials can you buy?

You can do one for your L1 and your L2. Any motor, get the matching case free. You still have to pay for any closures however (like the 24, 29, 54 motors).

I'm not sure if you can do the certification specials on 75mm or 98mm Ks and Ls though. Anyone want to clarify on that please?

AT seller refund me the motor and reload , not only the casing, this was a way more big deal than a free casing. This was a special at the time from AT

Last edited:
Back