Motor vendors that use UPS?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zyzzyva1000

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, bit of an odd question, but does anyone know off hand what vendors use UPS to ship HPR reloads (ie Hazmat)?

For the second time Fedex has forged my signature and then left the package somewhere else in my neighborhood. My previously preferred vendor only uses Fedex, and I just can't deal with them anymore. Really not a fan of HPR motors and reloads floating around in my neighborhood with my name attached.

Same here with FedEx, Leaves package somewhere and claims it was delivered to my house.

I have FedEx shipped to my work address. This has been fine but not the best option.

Last time I got Hazmat motors, mixed in with some Estes BP motors, Hobbylinc shipped it via USPS (which seemed kind of hinky, but they also didn't charge the hazmat either)...

So they aren't required the take a photo of the package on your porch?
Even the DoorDash folks do that.
I think that's a DoorDash thing that no one else has ever done.

My FedEx bad experiences were drivers stealing from me, claiming they delivered things that they did not deliver to anywhere, and receiving items that were supposedly "out for delivery" a week later. Thankfully none of these incidents involved rocket motors.

So they aren't required the take a photo of the package on your porch?
Even the DoorDash folks do that.
Amazon does that - saved me a few times when I realized it was somewhere else. Used the photo to figure out which neighbor they left it with. Fedex just lies, and then its impossible to get a human on the phone.

Last time I got Hazmat motors, mixed in with some Estes BP motors, Hobbylinc shipped it via USPS (which seemed kind of hinky, but they also didn't charge the hazmat either)...
Hobbylinc does not follow Hazmat rules. I would advise not buying Hazmat items from them to avoid getting in trouble.

When I get a hazmat package from FedEx, as soon as I get the shipping notification I go to the FedEx site and change delivery to be held at the FedEx depot. The day it gets to the depot, I drive over and pick it up. Its only a 25 min drive and they're open until 8pm so I've never had issues getting it. Takes about 5 minutes in the depot but I've never had a lost package since.

When I get a hazmat package from FedEx, as soon as I get the shipping notification I go to the FedEx site and change delivery to be held at the FedEx depot. The day it gets to the depot, I drive over and pick it up. Its only a 25 min drive and they're open until 8pm so I've never had issues getting it. Takes about 5 minutes in the depot but I've never had a lost package since.
This might be their "ploy" all along.

I heard that something like 40% of a shipping cost gets spent on the last mile of delivery. FedEx is eating up the fact that you're willing to help them avoid one of the most expensive part of the delivery process,

This might be their "ploy" all along.

I heard that something like 40% of a shipping cost gets spent on the last mile of delivery. FedEx is eating up the fact that you're willing to help them avoid one of the most expensive part of the delivery process,
I only do this for hazmat packages. All orher shipments go the normal way

Back