Mile High build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's looking mighty fine Jim! I want to see her fly.

Ari.

Looks great Captain - now go burn the paint off!:y:

I wish! I still have a lot of ground testing to do, and I still need to order the decal.

Ari.

At this point, I want to see anything fly! After last Saturday's fogged out launch, and this Saturday's cancelled SARG launch, I'm not going to get to fly anything this month.

I wish! I still have a lot of ground testing to do, and I still need to order the decal.

At this point, I want to see anything fly! After last Saturday's fogged out launch, and this Saturday's cancelled SARG launch, I'm not going to get to fly anything this month.

So was LUNAR/Snow Ranch cancelled? I woke up that morning and saw all the fog here in Elk Grove and thought it may be bad there.

Bummer! Tubularity has to wait another month :=( That's the 5th launch that gets canceled on her.

Ari.

I like it!
Jim,That really came out great,should have no problem spotting that one on the ground or in the air.I have to say that I'd have never given pink a thought,but the results speak for it's self.I have not worked with blue tube and did not know what deep spirals it had,but your right from a distance who will see them?Looking forward to your next build.

So was LUNAR/Snow Ranch cancelled? I woke up that morning and saw all the fog here in Elk Grove and thought it may be bad there.

Nope, most of the day was low power stuff on small engines (about a 200ft ceiling at most) we kept hoping the weather would clear up. It finally did about 30 min or so before the end of the launch and a few mid (and low-n-slow high) power flights were made.

The web site states "...canceled due to wet and muddy conditions..."

Bummer cause I was hoping to attend for my second time and launch some builds from the summer.

Which I think they posted to the site shortly after I sent a message to the president asking them about doing my certification flight there.

Ari.

Jim,That really came out great,should have no problem spotting that one on the ground or in the air.I have to say that I'd have never given pink a thought,but the results speak for it's self.I have not worked with blue tube and did not know what deep spirals it had,but your right from a distance who will see them?Looking forward to your next build.

BTW Jim, nice looking rocket. :)

Thanks guys!

That tape is a nice touch, even if you cant see it in the sky - LIKE!

The tape goes very well with the pink. Very interested to hear if it sparkles like you want it to. I have sheet of clear self adhesive with a prism-like design that I got at Micheal's with the same thought. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Definately let us know if you get the flashing off the tape you expect.

I put some aluminum hvac tape on the leading edges of my fins. It flashes very well on sunny days. Could see it over 9,000 ft. The prism tape would look much better though.

The tape goes very well with the pink. Very interested to hear if it sparkles like you want it to. I have sheet of clear self adhesive with a prism-like design that I got at Micheal's with the same thought. Haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Definately let us know if you get the flashing off the tape you expect.

I put some aluminum hvac tape on the leading edges of my fins. It flashes very well on sunny days. Could see it over 9,000 ft. The prism tape would look much better though.

Yeah, I really like the look of the tape on the fins. I'll be putting at least a couple of stripes around the body tubes with some 1/2" wide tape that I got as well.

Wow thats beautiful!!!!

When you starting your level III?

:rofl:

Oh Jeff, you're such a bad influence! I haven't even flown one dual deploy flight yet. And it did take me two years to decide to go for Level 2. Hopefully I won't get the "thritch" for a while!

Too late! You got the "thritch". Everything your building has a 54mm motor mount. Your just in de-nile!

Too late! You got the "thritch". Everything your building has a 54mm motor mount. Your just in de-nile!

Well no, only my newest build has a 54mm mount. And there may be another, as yet unnamed, project coming up with a 54mm mount. Those, plus my Hyperloc 835, will only make three 54mm rockets. Talk to me about "thritch" when I start using 75mm motor mounts!

thritch smitch... 54mm puts you a few measly newton seconds below 'M'
You are simply in DE' NILE :D

Of course once you start pricing reloads you might decide Low and Slow was not so bad! For now, I'll take that title. :D
I know when I start thinking $80 to $170 a load... I slow down a little!

:y: :rofl:

thritch smitch... 54mm puts you a few measly newton seconds below 'M'
You are simply in DE' NILE :D

Of course once you start pricing reloads you might decide Low and Slow was not so bad! For now, I'll take that title. :D
I know when I start thinking $80 to $170 a load... I slow down a little!

:y: :rofl:

I've looked at the prices of 54mm L reloads. I'm in no hurry to attempt Level 3!

When I ordered the 2" prism tape for Milestone's fins, I also ordered some 1/2" for stripes on the body.

334_prism_tape.jpg

335_prism_tape.jpg

336_prism_tape.jpg

337_prism_tape.jpg

338_prism_tape.jpg

I really don't like the look of the stripes, but I'm hoping they'll add to the visibility.

341_prism_tape.jpg

343_prism_tape.jpg

344_prism_tape.jpg

345_prism_tape.jpg

346_prism_tape.jpg

Now what do I do with all this hot pink prism tape I have left over? :confused:

347_prism_tape.jpg

I really don't like the look of the stripes, but I'm hoping they'll add to the visibility.

That looks so cute! LOL JK It looks good and I don't think you will have trouble tracking a rocket that size at a mile high.

Back