Midwest Power XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I Am
sure we can take care of you if you run out of motors

As usual... You've got my credit card on file, right? Or better... You've got Glen and Roberta's card on file. They that they want to buy me a 54-6XL L motor. Yep, you can take my word... ... :)

As usual... You've got my credit card on file, right? Or better... You've got Glen and Roberta's card on file. They that they want to buy me a 54-6XL L motor. Yep, you can take my word... ... :)

do you have anything that you're flying that'll take an L without breaking the waiver?

on another note- do we have times for the drag races? I'm assuming they're all on Saturday?

My services can be made available ALL weekend long since i will be there all three days and, will eventually run out of motors sometime around Saturday afternoon if all goes well.

Let me know if you need any assistance...;)

OMG!!! Three days of the Gusser.... Hide the redheads! Hide the Twinkies! Hide the redheads holding Twinkies....

Adrian

You guy's are too funny....lol...
This is going to be a great launch for sure...
I can't wait...

Teddy

3" Darkstar will not break the waiver with an L (CTI or AT)

How about the new 2.6 dark star😠😇
?

If someone wants to buy me an L motor and loan me the 6xl case, we could try it out on mine. It could be my L2 cert motor instead of the wimpy J355 I have :)

Who said anything about the L in the DarkoStar? I was thinking Punisher.....

L's to 17K in that one.......unless you don't add a vent hole in the nose cone. That will keep you around 8k.....right Tim? (Too soon??)

L's to 17K in that one.......unless you don't add a vent hole in the nose cone. That will keep you around 8k.....right Tim? (Too soon??)

Why do I get the sneaking suspicion that if I knew what that shot was about
I'd be laughing till I fell off my chair...

As I read it I could see Tim duck.......lol...

Teddy

Holy crap,,,,,
Did anybody else see that.....
Now I saw Jason duck,,,, lol...

Teddy

Ok
No $#^&! Huh? :wave: Kind of missed that last year! :mad:

You mean Cherry? Peach? Blueberry? Apple? Woooooooo! :eek:

*Robble Robble* Oh NO! *Robble Robble* The "Cobbler Robbler" is coming out from inside of me! :eek:

You might want to make sure your in line long before the announcement is made over the PA that their open for business...i'm not responsible for my actions when the Cobbler goes up for sale.
I like cobbler..

Jason does not duck- he just grabs it and paints it yellow and black.

I thought he paints everything Yellow and Black...
Hey,,
I bet he'd love that Dodge pick up -- "Rumble Bee"...
There's one running around by me I see every now and again..
It's a Yellow truck with black stripping and a black logo / Bee on it....
Very cool truck.......

Teddy

I thought he paints everything Yellow and Black...
Hey,,
I bet he'd love that Dodge pick up -- "Rumble Bee"...
There's one running around by me I see every now and again..
It's a Yellow truck with black stripping and a black logo / Bee on it....

Very cool truck.......

Teddy

You can keep your truck.

image.jpg

Wwwhhoooooo,,,

That's gorgeous man...........

And that's the exact same color scheme as the Rumble Bee.....

Very cool.....

Someone I knew years ago bought a Viper.....

What a set.......

Teddy

OMG!!! Three days of the Gusser.... Hide the redheads! Hide the Twinkies! Hide the redheads holding Twinkies....

Adrian

Yoooou...:no: You just hold on to your green underwear and, socks. I'm crafting an exciting story in the cob webs of my mind right now to display sometime this weekend when i have some time.

There's something wrong with that picture, that Viper doesn't have a bubble around it.....

I seem too remember *That* individual stating- "It's the ONLY Dodge i would own!" Haven't seen it at a launch yet! ;) Had TWO Black Challenger Hellcat's pull out of the Truck Stop i fuel my pickup truck at...this morning. Now there's a car i wish i had. Too bad i spent more than they cost on this new pickup!
Can't imagine one romping through a field though. :rolleyes: NO NO NO! Don't anyone post the episode of Roadkill where they did just that-I've already seen that one.

*I dedicate this next post to my good friend Adrian Butler who gives of himself unselfishly (along with so many others...) every year as a volunteer at Midwest Power too help keep the show running so smoothly.*

Thank-you Dude...:eek:

"YO Adrian!" ;)

-Stop that, your being a Silly...

"I can't think of a better way to start a Sunday morning than volunteering along with my good friend Adrian to run the LCO table here at Midwest Power 13!"

-I can think of better places i'd rather be...:facepalm:

"Come on, this is going to be FUN! Me rocking the microphone and, you handling the turntables! It's kind of like Woodstock without all the hippies!"

-You aint right man...

"COME ON all these pretty rockets to fly shooting pretty colors like blue red yellow fuschia and, green flames out their little KEISTERS! WOO HOO!"

-Could you just sit down for a minute and, chill out?...

"Yep TWO hours with my good friend Adrian...launching rockets...best time i'll spend ALL weekend long!"

-Why don't you make one of those PSA's that the club is required to mention every once in awhile to make it look like we actually know what were doing around here?...Can you handle that motor mouth?

"Sounds like a plan Adrian man!"

ATTENTION KMART SHOPPERS, YOU'LL NOTICE THAT THE BOYSCOUTS ARE FIRING UP THEIR GRILL. THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS HORSEBURGERS ARE ALMOST READY TOO BE SERVED! HORSEMEAT, NOT AS TENDER AS BEEF, NOT AS SWEET AS BUFFALO BUT, WHEN YOU BURN IT AND, SLAP IT ON A BUN...ITS OH SO CHEAP! COME ON DOWN AND, HELP SUPPORT OUR LOCAL PARAMILITARY GROUP SPREAD THE PLATONIC VALUES THAT MAKES AMERICA THE GREAT PLACE IT IS! *click*

-I can't believe you just said that...:facepalm:

"Hey, i was a Boy Scout...it's called giving back. Do we have ANY music around here we can cue up?"

-Well, we've got some PINKFLOYD left over from the night launch...

:yawn: "PINKFLOYD blows goats Dude...Haven't you people ever heard of Black Sabbath?"

Rocket engines burning fuel so fast...
Up into the night sky they blast!

"NOW that's some GOOD music! I was listening to that back in Vietnam!" :D

-You WERE 7 years old when the Vietnam War ended dumb dumb!...

"Oh yah...wrong life i was thinking of..."

Rocket engines burning fuel so fast...
Up into the nights sky-SO vast!

"Time for another PSA!"

ATTENTION FOLKS...PLEASE SUPPORT OUR VENDOR: WILDMAN ROCKETRY! THAT'S RIGHT THE PLACE TO GO TO SPEND THAT HARD EARNED MONEY FASTER THAN IT CAN FLY OUT OF YOUR BUTT CHEEKS! SEE THAT YOUNG LADY OVER THERE AT THE BIG WHITE TRAILER, HER NAME IS JACKIE AND, IF YOU TELL HER THAT GUS SENT YOU...YOU GET 10% OFF YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!*click*

-You are so in trouble...

HEY JACKIE? No, over here :wave: HOW ARE THOSE BEARS DOING THIS YEAR? MY PACKERS ARE LIKE 7 AND, O RIGHT NOW!*click*

"What was that?"

-I'd call that an "Obscene Gesture"....

ATTENTION FOLKS, IF THE LADY WHO LEFT HER ELEVEN KIDS AT SOLDIER FIELD IS HERE...COULD SHE TAKE THEM HOME...THEIR BEATING THE BEARS 35-O!*click*

ATTENTION AGAIN FOLKS...IF YOU DON'T GET THE PREVIOUSLY MENTIONED DISCOUNT...AT LEAST HIT THE TRAILER WITH YOUR ROCKET ONCE TODAY...JACKIE JUST LOVES THAT!*click*

-You know your going to be the first person banned by QCRS after today? Don't you?...

"Anyone on the pads right now?"

-NOT YET! Their scarred to even walk up here...

"Anyone in the crowd to pick on? Lets see.........."

-Justin and, David are out in the field with their cameras...

"Nah, that's too easy...they filmed my launch yesterday and, im hoping to get on the MWP13 Dvd..."

MANNY? YOU OUT THERE? BROUGHT ANOTHER *SCIENCE PROJECT* THIS YEAR, ALONG WITH THOSE CORN SHUCKERS FROM SCHOOL?*click*

-There he is!...

*SCIENCE PROJECT*...hrapnel [C]oming n [E]veryone [N]eeds-tah [C]learly [E]scape!;)*click* (Just kidding Man...)

"What was that?"

-I'd call that an "Obscene Gesture"...

"Hey! There's a plane overhead! Anyone on the pads?"

-Preston's out there...

PRESTON NOBLE EVERYONE! GOING IN 321....*click* WHOOOOOSHKA!

"Damn! Missed..."

PRESTON, I WANT YOU TO WORK ON THAT BLUE FORMULATION A LITTLE MORE...*click*
I DON'T KNOW...TALK TO REESER...HE'S OUT THERE WITH JUSTIN PROBABLY TRADING GOOFY LITTLE STORIES ABOUT SOUTH PARK EPISODES RIGHT NOW!*click*

"Wheres Sather? He's usually up here bright and, early in the mornings..."

-Someone said he had to take his dog to the Vet this morning...something about *Toxic Shock* syndrome from ingesting a boatload of mysteriously supplied Twinkies yesterday...

"I don't know anything :rolleyes: about that..."

ATTENTION FOLKS! FRANK NOBLE HAS LOST HIS CAR KEYS AGAIN THIS YEAR...COULD EVERYONE JUST LOOK AROUND ON THE GROUND AND, MAYBE HELP HIM?*click*

-Dude, he looks WHIZZED! :eek:

FRANK? FRANK? FRANK! DID YOU CHECK THE DUMPSTER? THAT'S WHERE YOU FOUND THEM LAST YEAR...
*click*

-It was like a swarm of bee's flew up his A** last year when that happened! :eek:

ATTENTION "TEX" PERRY...I KNOW YOUR DIGGING AROUND IN THE DUMPSTER RIGHT NOW...LOOK FOR A SET OF CAR KEYS *jingle* *jingle* LIKE THIS...NO :no: C-A-R KEYS, LIKE THIS...FRANKIE LOST HIS KEYS AGAIN! THANKS...*click*

-So wiseguy now that your a Tripoli TAP have you TAPPED anyone yet? Hmmmm?

"Not yet, everyone keeps going to some guy named "Crazy Jim" for that...all i've signed off are some L-1's and, an L-2 so far. I'd really like to meet this guy someday..."

-I saw him shoot out a TV screen with a gold plated Colt 45 once.

"Maybe i don't want too meet him then!" :surprised:

YO! JIMMY SCALLOPINI...STOP TALKING WAR STORIES AND, RSO SOMEONE...WE'VE GOT PADS TO FILL UP HERE!*click*

"What, was that?"

-Looks like another "Obscene Gesture" too me...

"Ah yes, beautiful day here in northern Illinoize...Sunshine here, flowers there...bits of rocket pieces everywhere!"

-It's NOT Illinoize Dude.

"Come on Adrian, COME ON FEEL THE ILLINOIZE! :p

-Oh, that's a stupid song reference...I'd rather be straddling one of my John Deere's right now...

"Speaking of straddling, did i ever tell you about the time i rolled up some Ginseng and, smoked it?"

-No...please tell me...

"Didn't want to stand up for THREE days...Dude, that's the secret to a happy love life with your wife, girlfriend or significant other bovine friend...no matter what orientation you farm boys prefer!"

-I can't believe you just said that...

ATTENTION CLAUDE! YOU CAN'T SNEAK BY THE TABLE WHEN I'M UP HERE!*click*

YOU'VE GOT A BIRTHDAY COMING UP SOON? RIGHT! WHAT DID YOUR WIFE THINK OF WHAT WE DID FOR YOU DOWN IN INDIANA HUH? THEY WOULDN'T LET ME CHAINSAW THE LCO TABLE TOO WHEN I CUT YOUR CAKE LAST TIME!*click*

-Man that was sick...you *Murdered* that Birthday Cake with all the Peep's on it along with that straw bale!

"You ought to see some of my Chainsaw carvings! DUDE! I've got too take a monster Whizzola! Can you man the board till i get back?"

-Sure, see you in a bit...

-*beep beep bloop beep...ring-ring* He's gone now...i need you Griffin, Manny, Dixie and, Rumple to get out the shrink wrap...That's right he's heading towards the Porta Pots by the RSO table...Make sure you wrap the door solid and, also get the vent holes...That little b*stard is like a Honey Badger when you cage him...he'll squeeze out of the vents if he gets a chance! Thanks...*snap*

OK FOLKS ITS BEEN REAL QUIET UP HERE FOR THE LAST 15 MINUTES...PLENTY OF TIME LEFT IN MY SHIFT TO BRING UP SOME ROCKETS AND, LET THEM FLY! COULD SOMEONE PLEASE POINT ONE OF THE LOUD SPEAKERS AT THAT FIRST PORTA POT BY THE RSO TABLE?...THE ONE WITH ALL THE SHRINKWRAP AROUND IT. I'VE GOT A YANNI CD THAT I'D LIKE TO PLAY TO GET US IN THE MOOD...FOR THE NEXT ONE HOUR AND, FORTY FIVE MINUTES! THANK-YOU!*click* :dark:

You know this is ONLY just a small portion of the childish humor that is currently floating around inside of that thing i call a brain...Midwest Power has always meant great times, great friends/friendships...memories to last a lifetime whether i created them or watched someone else do them. I hope you all have a safe trip to the event and, back home. Now lets go fly some rockets!

See you there! :cool:

Last edited:
Gus, I have a headache now... (OK, I had one before as well, but ya know...)

forecast doesn't look to bad. I really need to request Friday off at work. Did I see mention of trick and treating on the flight line? I guess I better bring some decorations then.

Back