Midwest Power XIII

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp... That was easy!

I will be at the Days Inn sometime Friday night.. Probably 830-930pm. I'm only flying on Saturday, so hopefully I can find one of you guys early in the morning and get my flight plan for the day figured out.

Gotta find out what Tim's got in stock also.

That's all dependent on me finishing my bird too.. We'll see.

I have closures, but if it's easier to borrow the whole case (and FSD), that's fine.

Bump...
Last day to order shirts is Monday. Early registration discount ends soon... I'm excited to see everyone there! Also, don't forget to sign up for a shift. Experienced pad techs are fantastic to have around!!! A two hour shift helps tremendously!

Sooooooo What is everybody flying at MWP13???? Not a lot of time and I just wanna here what ya'll flying. THanks!! :)
ROCKETS!

I'm launching rockets! with motors!

Rocketry Warehouse Scarab- H159G
RW Scarab- I212SS
WM Darkstar 2.6 -I165 Cstar
WM Darkstar 2.6 - J355RL (this will be my L2 cert flight)
Wildman V2 2.6" G250 vmax
Wildman Interceptor 54- I800 vmax - I hope my epoxy holds!

This is assuming finances go ok, and I don't crash/lose anything :)

Madcow 8in Pike-CTI N10,000 Vmax
RW Formula 200-AT M2400 blue thunder
Competitor 5-Reseach M1400 Sparky
WM Extreme Darkstar-Research M1250 white willie
WM 4in Interceptor Drag Race on a CTI 75mm 4 grain

Maybe one or two more if time allows...

Preston

Sooooooo What is everybody flying at MWP13???? Not a lot of time and I just wanna here what ya'll flying. THanks!! :)
ROCKETS!

Preston

Oh, I sure hope I can make it up there as a spectator for at least one day... :(

Hey guy's,,,
Do you get a decent signal from Verizon at this launch site ?????
Will I get 4G ?? Internet access ?? Pull up Google maps ???

Teddy

Hey guy's,,,
Do you get a decent signal from Verizon at this launch site ?????
Will I get 4G ?? Internet access ?? Pull up Google maps ???

Teddy

I have Verizon, I've never had any issues with reception at the launch site.

Preston

Preston, glad to see you are going light on the motors😀

Well, I can say I am all signed up for MWP. I have been meaning to get there literally for years, but as they say, life has conspired to get in my way. That being said here is my plan

L3 cert on Wildman Extreme using CTI m1830 c-star.

Likely my Wildman Junior on a good size J- probably a J570.

Really, anything beyond the L3 shot is gravy.

I have Verizon, I've never had any issues with reception at the launch site.

Thanks Brent,,
That'll be quite useful..
I'm going to bring a tablet,, it's nice to know it'll be more then a paper weight...lol...

Teddy

Well just registered for MWP today. Saw the shirts were sold out. That sucks, seems I missed the cutoff date announcement. Need to check this portion of the forum more often...

Mike Smeltzer

Well just registered for MWP today. Saw the shirts were sold out. That sucks, seems I missed the cutoff date announcement. Need to check this portion of the forum more often...

I'm pretty sure CZTeacherMan ordered a few extras, but they will go fast!

Yes, there WILL be extra shirts available like always. And like always, they will go fast. One good way to guarantee to get one is to come early and set up on Thursday. I will have all the shirts with me there and will be able to do pre-launch sales. Prices will be the same as posted on the registration (cash only)

And Teddy, Verizon works perfect.

Tank you Jason,,,
I cain't wait......lol...
There's gonna be some insane flights for sure....
If I can get my rear end in gear and finish
the new altimeter in the av bay that got dunked in an irrigation ditch
I'll be all set for a personal best altitude record....
It's funny how those flights are always exciting........lol...

Teddy

Yep, just a handful of extra shirts. ;-)
Looking forward to finally meeting you, Teddy.

Yep, just a handful of extra shirts. ;-)
Looking forward to finally meeting you, Teddy.

That's too funny...
I was just thinking the same thing Erik,, We'll finally get the chance to meet...
How many times have we spoken ( typed ) back and forth...
This is one of those that you get to know someone a bit for quite some time
before you ever get the chance to meet them....

Teddy

That's too funny...
I was just thinking the same thing Erik,, We'll finally get the chance to meet...
How many times have we spoken ( typed ) back and forth...
This is one of those that you get to know someone a bit for quite some time
before you ever get the chance to meet them....

Teddy

Aaanndd shatter all those expectations.... :wink: :tongue: :tongue:

Adrian

Just because Mini-Midwest Power was so much fun...
[video=youtube;qL2YG9Jzsuc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL2YG9Jzsuc[/video]

*BOMP*!

My eleventh Midwest Power in a row...What too fly, hmmmm......? :rolleyes:

How about "Team Peeper and, Ballestero" flying my Madcow Frenzy Massive (aka Chicago Fire) on a CTI N-2501 White Cloud Tickler...with a super secret GPS tracking *thingy* on board, plus G:D:Dster Vision camera system bread tied to it's side.

Followed by a Madcow Bomarc (all weekend long) flying on all kinds of CTI 38mm motors including TWO J motors...too be brought along.

If you believe in a higher entity...Now is your time to make peace with him/her or park along ways back from the flightline. You've been warned. :no:

I see the Sagers are preregistered this year...

GOOD...:grin: I haven't seen my favorite younger rocketeer in quite some time. I will be bringing plenty of Glow Sticks and, Chinese Sky Lanterns (Roasting on an open "power line" wire. :headbang:) to entertain during the night launch.

*BOMP*!

I see the Sagers are preregistered this year...

GOOD...:grin: I haven't seen my favorite younger rocketeer in quite some time. I will be bringing plenty of Glow Sticks and, Chinese Sky Lanterns (Roasting on an open "power line" wire. :headbang:) to entertain during the night launch.

Hey Gus !! :)

Yup - we will be there. - Sabrina (now 12 years old) just passed the Tripoli TMP exam last month, and my wife Sherryl wants to take a crack at L1 if she can get her 2.6" DarkStar built in time. I'm scrambling to complete "Saturday Nite Special" with about 50 blinky lights on it.

Looks to be a fun weekend!! :)

Hello all!!

I've got some GREAT NEWS!!!!

WE WILL HAVE COBBLER!!!!!!!

A group of scouts will be there to provide the MWP tradition of "night launch delights"

This is going to bad another great year, hope to see you ALL there!!

Also, we will have a great food vendor on site (just one, sorry. Exclusive vendor deal made) so bring some money for food.

I want to thank everybody who has signed up for a volunteer position and we will still make sure you have time to get some flights in.

If if this is going to be your first Midwest Power, you are in for a real treat.

Ive seen some of the pictures of projects coming out, talked with a few folks and pre-approved a few over the phone, all I can say is, if this is the year you decided to "stay home" you made a bad choice. There is some cool stuff coming to Princeton this year!!!!

Hey Gus !! :)

Yup - we will be there. - Sabrina (now 12 years old) just passed the Tripoli TMP exam last month, and my wife Sherryl wants to take a crack at L1 if she can get her 2.6" DarkStar built in time. I'm scrambling to complete "Saturday Nite Special" with about 50 blinky lights on it.

Looks to be a fun weekend!! :)

SCOTT! :D Good too hear from you again! This has been a very hectic year for me away from this forum and, the sport in general so please excuse my absence here and, elsewhere.

With excuses out of the way i'm sure you do know that a Tripoli TAP CAN cert. any Tripoli member on their Junior, L1, L2 test and, launch and, of course YOUR impending L3. At ANY location, at ANYTIME...:D

My services can be made available ALL weekend long since i will be there all three days and, will eventually run out of motors sometime around Saturday afternoon if all goes well.

Let me know if you need any assistance...;)

Hello all!!

I've got some GREAT NEWS!!!!

WE WILL HAVE COBBLER!!!!!!!

A group of scouts will be there to provide the MWP tradition of "night launch delights"

No $#^&! Huh? :wave: Kind of missed that last year! :mad:

You mean Cherry? Peach? Blueberry? Apple? Woooooooo! :eek:

*Robble Robble* Oh NO! *Robble Robble* The "Cobbler Robbler" is coming out from inside of me! :eek:

You might want to make sure your in line long before the announcement is made over the PA that their open for business...i'm not responsible for my actions when the Cobbler goes up for sale.

Ten days till setup. Not that I'm counting... Can someone speed things up? That would be much appreciated.

Back