Michiana launch Feb 20th

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
Getting closer to the next launch Feb 20th. Hopefully the weather is great like the last one. Remember to think about if we want to go with a 2 or 3 day launch in April. We probably need to decide by this launch. I myself am leaning to the 3 day launch. also I just got my Aerotech order so if a MDRM grudge match drag race is needed there will be plenty of sparkys.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook

Planning on launching my Gizilla on a M2500T blue thunder and my Big blue Formula 150 on a M1500 mojave green, plus a few others. See ya all there.

DSC01495.jpg JOCERT3_2.jpg

Still working Saturdays here but his is the last one , hope to fly with you guys in March or the April Launch.

Pics are always good to see what we missed ! Argh

Another great day. Kinda sketchie at first with the wind but by 11:00 the wind started to calm down and the rockets started coming out in force. With Many rockets landing in the main field area I just had to send up Little Polish Thunder on a I which landed within 30 feet off main access road. John O had the furthest from the pad award which wasn't to bad maybe 1/3-1/2 mile away which isn't bad when you consider the near waver altitude he flew to.

Great launch event, Michiana! The wind was tough at times, but the field can handle it. The wireless launch system looked great and worked nicely. It was great to see the school teams' big projects go off successfully. The kids were so excited and the crowd cheered them on!

I like how you guys are scheduling launches throughout the winter. Long drive for me, but worth it!

Next launch March 19th (weather can change the date) then a 2 (maybe becoming a 3 day launch) April 9-10. Glad you had a good time. Good field, great folks. There are some interesting big projects going up in April.

I stopped by about mid afternoon. Spoke with Bob from Countyline, the LCO (i forget his name unfortunately, but had digital camo headwrap)and Mark. Was a great day for launches and long walks haha. (I'm the one that has the nose ring lol). I'm hoping to have a redshifted (24mm) estes Mercury Redstone ready for its maiden flight by March launch. I alshdo have an estes patriot I want to send up on a G. I hope to see you guys next month!

Last edited:
great talking to you Sat. looking forward to seeing the cruise missile going up on A power.

If you missed this launch you sure missed an interesting one...

Gotta say that's the first time I've ever seen someone at the pad pouring liquid nitrogen into the payload of a SLI rocket to "keep the vials of blood cool" and then hot-footing it to a hospital with said payload to have it tested. Pretty interesting stuff!!

Bob I enjoyed the talk too. Not very often to find someone who actually worked on or near real up-goers. But with all due respect, I don't think I can't sleep at night at the thought of launching a NAVY tomahawk on an A motor. A B perhaps, but given the ridiculous amounts of sky at the launch field, I'm half tempted to make it into a 24mm missile with a D to C adapter....although i admit putting a 1/2A in it to replicate the seemingly sideways launch of the real tomahawk IS tempting lol.(totally joking about the 1/2A)

I was wondering about the Dewar vessel ("why is that here? Dry ice bomb?)." I heard something about the LN2 from the PA system, but didn't hear what they were doing, aside from putting some in a pop bottle in the field. That's crazy.

Last edited:
Back