CANCELLED MICHIANA ROCKETRY RE-SCHEDULED MIDWESTBLAST4 MAY 11th 2019 Three Oaks, MI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ANNOUNCING OUR RE-SCHEDULED MIDWESTBLAST4
Michiana Rocketry will be hosting a launch Saturday May 11th Year 2019.
We will be rolling it all into one last big day launch before we break for crops.

Launch details:
Launch time 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST
Waiver for Saturday May 11th to 16,000 feet.
Motors permitted up to M impulse size, EX allowed, For N impulse size email president for approval.
Sparkys = Yes, We luv them
On site fully adjustable NEW LAUNCH PADS launch pads:
8 Low Power pads ( A thru E) 1/8 to 1/4 inch rods
4 Mid Power pads (F,G H,I) 1 inch (1010) rails, 3/8,1/2 rods
4 High Power pads (J,K,L) 1 inch (1010) rails
2 Extreme High Power Pad (M) 1.5 inch (1515) rail, 280 pound limit
Launch controller WilsonFX digital wireless
Multiple vendors will be onsite.
Porta Potty on sight
Food: Saturday will have catered food and drinks on site
Food provided by award winning catering
Directions and more info: michianarocketry.org

We will be following the same Michiana Rocketry Daily Launch Form Fee schedule below for MWB4:
MICHIANA ROCKETRY LAUNCH FEES:
Children under 18 years of age - FREE
Adult Member with Season Pass HP all motors - FREE
Adult Member Low Power motors G or smaller - FREE
Adult Member High Power motors H or larger- $10.00
Adult Non-Member Low Power motors G or smaller - $5.00
Adult Non-Member High Power motors H or larger - $15.00

Note: To get a good start on this we will be setting up on Friday May 10th starting around 3 pm EST so if you can come and help out this will be much appreciated.

We are scheduled on having the launch unless something drastic happens to the weather, so always check the website before you plan to make the trip down. Due to a lot of people traveling and the logistics needed for the event we will post if the MIDWESTBLAST4 launch planned is a GO or NO-GO by May 8th the Wednesday before launch.

We can always use volunteers to help in setting up, breaking down, and work the LCO and RSO positions for this launch, Remember, we all need to help share the responsibility of running the club.

So, let’s all come on out and have a great time.
Go to https://www.michianarocketry.org/ for the latest launch update and map to field
Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

MIDWESTBLAST4Aai.jpg

Last edited:
I might try to convince the boss to see if I can make it out to this one. No idea what i'd fly yet.

Hello Michiana Rocketry members and friends, Darn $#@!!% weather, Unfortunately, it’s going to be a NO GO for this Saturday’s launch. The current weather forecast for our Saturday launch times is for a very low cloudy thick over cast skies, winds 8 to 10 mph, temp 58 Deg. F. Which means per Tripoli rules probably could not launch much over a few thousand feet (F and G motor or less) at the most. Even if we were to fight the thick cloudy weather it seems that we may be standing in several feet of water (or sinking into several feet of mud). When I talked to the farmer earlier about the condition of the field, he said it was some of the most rain he had seen in spring for years and field is in rough condition. My understanding from talking with people in the area is that the launch field is basically a swamp with many pools of water. Plus, the forecast is showing rain today and tomorrow to add to it. Also, there is a big storm coming through the Midwest and SW Michigan area, I checked the Doppler radar for the Midwest area and big swirling storm clouds everywhere so even this Saturday could go from thick clouds to worse very easily. Sorry Guys and girls, I am as bummed as you are. Let’s hope next year launch season turns out better.

Regards,
John Olevich
Prefect/President
Michiana Rocketry

Latest posts

Back