MelonRoc-18 Now Available!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wetmelon

Reaction score
Hi Rocketry Forum! After a successful weekend of test flights with the club I am confident in the performance, reliability, and safety of my 18mm rocket and would like to invite you to share in the experience. You may have seen some of the pictures on facebook if you're part of the NAR facebook group, and I'm finally officially releasing the rocket for sale.

The design is intended to be ready-to-fly and includes internal ejection charge baffles, launch lugs, motor retention, and an internal shock cord mount. Lighter and stronger than PVC, the nylon material it's printed in allows for a very strong rocket that can be dropped and abused without damage while remaining extremely light - only 16.5 grams!

This is a performance minimum diameter 3-fin rocket for high-altitude flight designed and tested to be stable with all common 18mm motors. The booster stages are designed to nest and can be stacked indefinitely (though max 3 stages total is recommended for safety).

Painting the nylon is possible, though due to its porous nature it absorbs a lot of paint (and therefore weight). I intend to test clothing dye this afternoon as an alternative colouring method and will update this post to let you know.

Click Here to go to my Shapeways Shop

Pictures * Note that these are not of the current iteration, though only minor changes have been made (which is why the weight is different)

Open Rocket File

I will be happy to answer any questions you may have :)

For the record, I love the names "wetmelon" and "MelonRoc"!

-Kevin

Back