Hi all

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfischer

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, my name is Tim and I'm a BAR. I flew mostly Centuri rockets back in 1974-76 (RX-7, X-16, a 3-motor cluster egglofter, a 3-stager that may have been an Estes kit), and rediscovered rocketry this year.
My rocketry interests at this point are altitude, composite staging, and high power rockets. I look forward to learning a lot more from you all on this site.
So far have built and flown an Apogee Aspire and a Dynastar 2-stage Aero-dactyl (pictured here, so far sustainer test flights only). Also have an Aerotech Aerobee-Hi and a JH Aerospace Mini-dactyl on the workbench, with a custom BT-20 design with mid-body separation on the drawing board.20230930_095305.jpg

Hi everyone, my name is Tim and I'm a BAR. I flew mostly Centuri rockets back in 1974-76 (RX-7, X-16, a 3-motor cluster egglofter, a 3-stager that may have been an Estes kit), and rediscovered rocketry this year.
My rocketry interests at this point are altitude, composite staging, and high power rockets. I look forward to learning a lot more from you all on this site.
So far have built and flown an Apogee Aspire and a Dynastar 2-stage Aero-dactyl (pictured here, so far sustainer test flights only). Also have an Aerotech Aerobee-Hi and a JH Aerospace Mini-dactyl on the workbench, with a custom BT-20 design with mid-body separation on the drawing board.View attachment 610075
How are you liking the Apogee rockets? I’ve always loved the concepts of these but I’ve seen mixed reviews as to parts and instruction quality.

How are you liking the Apogee rockets? I’ve always loved the concepts of these but I’ve seen mixed reviews as to parts and instruction quality.
So far I like the kit designs, their engineering, and the parts quality. The construction pages for the Aspire have been very helpful to me getting started again. I did not care for the suggested Aerodactyl colors, but that was easily resolved.

Back