MARSA4/54 Firmware Build 30 Released

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jderimig

TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
New MARSA4/54 firmware has been released and is available for flashing.

There are 2 enhancements with this release.

1. Power Watchdog - The firmware monitors battery voltage during the time that the output channels are on. If the battery voltage drops near the limit that could affect voltage regulation, the firmware reduces current to the output channel (like a light dimmer) to keep voltage safely up to prevent a brownout of the altimeter but still provide enough current to fire an attached ematch. Additionally if any low voltage condition was noticed during a flight, a notice of a low voltage warning and time it was noticed will be displayed on the LCD panel upon the next boot of the altimeter. This will give notice that something may need to be investigated (wiring, battery etc).

2. Telemetry - Firmware actually follows the telemetry data output specification with this release.

That first change is pretty cool!

Being a developer, the second one madero chuckle.

I just received my MARSA54.
If I understand it correctly, with the newest firmware; it tells you how much flight time is available with the current power source?

JD

I just received my MARSA54.
If I understand it correctly, with the newest firmware; it tells you how much flight time is available with the current power source?
JD

Jeff,

No I do not know how do that yet.

If there was a power anomaly during the flight (a dip in voltage near or below 6.5 volts), it will record the time after launch that occurred, Upon the next power-up of the altimeter it will display a message "Low voltage fault" and the time in tenths of a second after launch it was noticed. You would then have to 'clear' this fault with a joystick command. This makes sure that the fault was noticed.

This might be useful information (or not) to help investigate the problem. For instance if the fault occurred around an acceleration or deployment event, then perhaps there is a bad wire connection or switch in the power circuit that may need attention.

Latest posts

Back