Mars Snooper 4x, 2 stage?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarsLander

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
MarsLander is thinking about the next big project.

Drug up about a dozen, 20 year old, Estes rockets and dusted them off. Perused the 70s catalogs.

While contemplating the next upscale...the thought occurred to me, looking at the Mars Snooper, Damn!, that looks like a two stage rocket! There is even, potentially, a lot of booster drag to help separation.

The only think that makes me pause is how to mount rail guides. The aft shrouds stick out a fair piece; the standoffs would have to be large if mounted on the tubes. Or they would have to be mounted on the fore and aft fins. Is that even a thing? (thinking Wildman Andromeda)....the forward fins are 3.7" from the body tube, or 5.2" from center, the aft shrouds are 3.65" from center, so there is enough room...anyone else put rail guides on the fins?

1709007027568.png

After some fits and starts with Rocksim...I have a reasonable approximation (attached). Lots of details missing, but tells me it is possible! Sims I to H, no J to I sims yet!

Thoughts, comments?

MarsLander

Attachments

• 4x Mars Snooper.rkt
    149 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back