making kermie work, eh?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, and am I to infer that by saying this, you're telling me this thread needs to be removed?

Good one, rstaff.... good one.

"Fence Poster Moderator".... too funny.

hehehe, thanks ;)

Kermie better update his title if he expects ANY respect. No wait...we don't give moderators any respect :D Right Phil? :D

moderator's response: " Respect? Respect? We don't need no steeeeenking respect!"

ooooohhh.... rstaff... now you've really done it.

Phil is not a lowly "moderator."

Phil is an almighty "admin."

You're in B-I-G trouble now, fella.

Don't worry 'bout Phil rstaff... I can take of him. :)

MOOOOoooooo!

hehe... look at him run. :D

Ken actually gave me the "Fence Poster" moniker at Whitakers. When my L2 bird landed, the fore end stuck straight up. Then, when I flew my BBX, both pieces stuck up in the ground.

Yeah, I found out at Whitakers in April that for 40+ years now I've been doing rockets the wrong way. See, I always thought that you were supposed to *fully deploy* the parachute so that the rocket would come down nice and soft.

But then, along comes Kermie and Carl to show me the error of my ways. You're really supposed to just let them either come in ballistic and be fence posts (ala Kermie) or just use the main chute as a streamer so that the pieces will bounce with loud thuds (ala Carl).

Now I know how to do things at the next Whitakers launch.

:D :D :D :kill:

:eek:

I didn't send anything in ballistic!! I just had one shroud line wrap over the top of the chute instead of going underneath like most of ya do it. Besides, whaddaya expect from a guy who think that fins are only necessary for the first half of a rocket's ascent?

It was just a...err...dethermalizer..yeah! A dethermalizer!!!

I wanna know how Mark got off the hook from this abuse for his tubular shock absorber recovery!

Originally posted by KermieD

I wanna know how Mark got off the hook from this abuse for his tubular shock absorber recovery!

....Mark is letting me borrow his conductive primer and a spoonful of aluminum powder this weekend for some igniter experimentation.... that's how.

hit 'em with a big ol' wedge of some Wisconsin cheddar, or club them with one of those summer sausages

just don't tell them about Johnsonville brats, 'cause I haven't stocked up for the summer yet

--Dave Landgraf
frequent visitor to Kohler, Sheboygan, Madison, and Wautoma

Geez, Dave, if you're a frequent visitor to those places, c'mon over to Oshkosh and loft a few with Stones and myself sometime (rockets, beers, or cheese wheels...or all 3). We'll grill out some R-Line brats. It's a small local meat plant and you can only find 'em within a 25 mile radius of Oshkosh here. Johnsohnville brats are the ones we give to the tourists. ;)

Here's where I recovered my rocket today. Please note the nice, horizontal position of all parts.

Ah...the Packer rocket makes another successful trip. ;) How was the Bong Kerm?

Bong was both great and disappointing. My two flights were both great, but the 12-15 mph winds kept a lot of the contest flyers on the ground and I was hoping to see how they flew. One guy did do a C Dual Egg Loft Duration flight using a tower and a piston for his flight. Having seen a couple other flights before his (one separated completely ala shock cord breakage at apogee and made an omelet on the flight line), it was apparent immediately that he had something good going. The winds were murder on the A Altitude and the 1/4A Boost Glider events. I also got to see a few nice scale models (didn't even know what most of 'em were, but the detail was apparent).

Also, on the bright side, my brother came with to see his first HPR launch. His exact words were "I can definitely see myself doing this!"

Winds above 9-10 mph always seem to be a little too much for the smaller motor birds. I plan on making the next Bong launch for sure, after missing the last two. I did get to see one flight today. My son flying his tassle at graduation. :D

Back