Mach1 - Trivecta 329 65 Motor reccommendations

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm putting the finishing touches on a Mach 1 Trivecta 329 65. Looking to fly it this summer at LDRS 42. I'm L1 certified and I'm just looking for some direction on motor recommendations for a low alt. flight and a "high" alt flight that stays within my cert. With cluster setups I understand that it's important to find motors that light quickly and reliably but I'm not sure how to narrow this down or what specific statistics can help me find a good motor.

I've got a couple I've found that I think fit the bill:

Low alt flight I was thinking 3x Aerotech F52T. This should get me about 1100ft alt and a vel off rod of 46.3 ft/s with a stability of 5.46

For a high alt flight I was thinking one of these:

3x Aerotech H238T or
3x Aerotech H128W

Both are around 3200-3300 ft, vel off rod over 65 ft/s, and 4.8 to 4.95 stability

Are there any obvious gotchas with these choices? Are these going to work? My plan was to use a jolly logic chute release for the high alt flight.

Any feedback you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

I'm putting the finishing touches on a Mach 1 Trivecta 329 65. Looking to fly it this summer at LDRS 42. I'm L1 certified and I'm just looking for some direction on motor recommendations for a low alt. flight and a "high" alt flight that stays within my cert. With cluster setups I understand that it's important to find motors that light quickly and reliably but I'm not sure how to narrow this down or what specific statistics can help me find a good motor.

Low alt flight I was thinking 3x Aerotech F52T. This should get me about 1100ft alt and a vel off rod of 46.3 ft/s with a stability of 5.46

3x Aerotech H238T or
3x Aerotech H128W

Both are around 3200-3300 ft, vel off rod over 65 ft/s, and 4.8 to 4.95 stability

Are there any obvious gotchas with these choices? Are these going to work? My plan was to use a jolly logic chute release for the high alt flight.

Thanks!

Hi folks,

3x Aerotech H238T or
3x Aerotech H128W

Thanks!
looks OK
I’d stick with the Blue Thunder loads until you perfect your cluster ignition technique, F52 is a little slow for me, I like to 50 fps but 46 will work fine

Avoid the W - White Lightening. It's a prick & a half to get all 3 to light at same time.
The Blue Thunder propellant is way more forgiving.

BTW - Nice rocket, we have a Trivecta 318 & Trivecta 324 in our fleet.

Also - please use a shear pin (or two) to retain your nose cone - our 324 had a lovely flight up, till the nose cone accelerated away from the booster tube once the power came off. Chute did not appreciate the task at hand and shredded. Rocket recovered without any damage 30' from the pad.

iirc each of the 29mm aertotechs have 0.8g of BP as the ejection charge.

I have a 338 trivecta and have no trouble with AT white and blue thunder motors.
I do launch off a 8 ft rail to help insure all 3 are up to pressure before leaving the rail.
Any cti loads work well as they have the pyrodex in them. I have installed a altimeter in the nose as the delays aren't long enough for some motors. Good luck the trivecta are great rockets.

One the rocket is finished, could you post a picture? I Have always loved the look of that rocket.

318 and 338 on my mess of a bench.

Attachments

• 20230730_102021.jpg
    20230730_102021.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230605_210806.jpg
    20230605_210806.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
H238T is 165Ns, so 3x is 465Ns. Still in the I motor range (320 to 640Ns). Enjoy your flight!!

I don't have a Trivecta, just a Rocketarium Trident 29. Mine goes pretty fast on a set of F-67's. That FG model should eat G's and H's. Three H-238's will get gone, fast.

You may want to include a tracker on yours if you have a small field or lots of trees/Corn/etc.....

Use the same type of ignitor in all motors. I've had issues with substitutions.

I don't have a trifecta (but now I want one), but I got this!
I thought the white motors and blue motors were the easy to ignite ones?
Oh well, I just bought 4 F67s to fly at Kloudburst, I'll report back on the ignitor success.
1709656174016.png

I don't have a Trivecta, just a Rocketarium Trident 29. Mine goes pretty fast on a set of F-67's. That FG model should eat G's and H's. Three H-238's will get gone, fast.

You may want to include a tracker on yours if you have a small field or lots of trees/Corn/etc.....

What I meant to say, was, If you have 3- F-67's from packs, use the packaged ignitors for all of them. I've used one orange with two yellows and got a late start on one motor.

I usually use doped e-matches, but they tend to not fit in smaller motors. Best I've found is to just use what they come with, unless you have better ones that will fit.

Yep, I have an eggfinder mini already setup in the nose cone. 3x 29/180 cases so I don't want to lose it :oops:

Back