looking for a rocksim file for the fliskits US Tog?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morgandmpl

Reaction score
Recently purchased rocksim and would like to be able to try different larger motor options in this kit without launching and losing it...

Attachments

• DSC_0150.jpg
    DSC_0150.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
To be honest I wouldn't put more then a D12 in it.Anything else could rip it apart.Jim from Fliskits doesn't even recommend putting an E9 into it.

Yea u are probably right, it would still be nice to have the rocksim file. What do you think about an 18mm composite motor with a mm adapter? I mean the D12 does provide a very pleasing altitude maybe im gettin to greedy lol.

18mm D13's might work good the D24's might be pushing it but it could hold up if its built well enough they seem to kick hard off the pad but they are a short burn.As for a Rocksim file I think its doable but it would be tough to do it on anything but Rocksim 9 I would think its a pretty complex design.

Thanks for your input, the it is a pretty complex design as i get more familiar with the software i may take a stab at it...

I was there when Jim flew his prototype on an E9. You could see the fins flexing and the boost was kind of squirrelly. That's when Jim decided that anything more than a D12 wasn't a good idea.

Oh, I hadn't realized this was posted in two places... :)

Yeah, she's squirrelly on E motors and I certainly don't recommend it. However, Boris seems to have gotten his upscale to work quite well on, what was it?..., 39 D motors or something... LOL

Back