Looking for a 3" fiberglass kit with 54mm mount

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's gorgeous! I have no idea how I'll finish mine, but I love the black and green combo. Decals from StickerShock, I presume...?

Agreed..

I like your mean and green...

Kenny

Thanks for the nod, Kenny!

That's gorgeous! I have no idea how I'll finish mine, but I love the black and green combo. Decals from StickerShock, I presume...?

Yup! Mark will know what you want when you contact him! We actually mocked up both green and orange examples...was a hard choice :wink:

jeff pre.jpg

Performance Rocketry (now Wildman, I guess) Intimidator 3. I paid $129 from Wildman in 2011. Flies GREAT on a 54/1050, recovers quickly on a Rocketman R7.

54/1050 Orange
[YOUTUBE]wJAFiGFK_gE[/YOUTUBE]

54/1050 Red
[YOUTUBE]5ZAmPShLC7o[/YOUTUBE]

54/1400 Sparky
[YOUTUBE]IrNaua4ym5k[/YOUTUBE]

someone say green and black 3" Darkstar? :)

14394250110_c06a018c50_c.jpg

Haha! Yeah, they are a bit bright :grin:

FWIW...a number of us also have Open Rocket files for it if you find yourself in need. Just yell...

Actually. Yeah... I would love one. I also need some ideas on how to make the nosecone into a small av bay, for a tracker... I have CJs build thread on subscribe, but always open for new ideas. Probably won't start building for a long while, so still looking to learn as much as I can.

Actually. Yeah... I would love one. I also need some ideas on how to make the nosecone into a small av bay, for a tracker... I have CJs build thread on subscribe, but always open for new ideas. Probably won't start building for a long while, so still looking to learn as much as I can.

I did mine a bit different. built that out of the NC couple and glued it into the nose. The bottom plate is removable, but the top is glued in. limits options, but I like it.

9575144082_3b1daae5d6_z.jpg

Attached...weights on components matched what I weighed them at before build if I recall...

View attachment Dark Star 3%22.ork

I really like my Performance Rocketry Intimidator 3. I built it using a 54mm mount and so far it was been a pretty reliable vehicle.

Back