Loki and aerotech retainers

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlnel

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a couple loki cases and went to try them out in one of my rockets, I cant get it into the mmt all the way due to the outer split ring and I cant get the screw on retainer on cause the motor case is larger than the opening?? are there special mounts for loki style motor cases?? thanks.

loki.jpg

My Loki cases fit in Aeropacks, but they do not fit in Slimline. I am sure they will fit and they do not require a special retainer.

• Compatible with the following solid fuel rocket motors: AeroTech™ / AMW™ / APS™ / Cesaroni ProX™ / Dr. Rocket™ / Kosdon™ / Loki™ / Monster Motors™

If it's and older Loki case, it probably won't fit a Slimline. Scott has started using thinner/narrower spiral rings on new shipments that have a better chance of fitting (Slimline still has to be installed dead straight on MMT for it to work). If it is an older spiral ring you might call Scott and order the newer version.

The new Loki cases fit the slimline retainers perfectly. You can change out the spiral ring with a new one on the older cases.

TA

Thank guys. I did not know about the new spiral rings. My older casings I usually use friction fit on rockets that I might loose.

I have had to take some of my spiral rings to the grinder to get them to fit some retainers. The grooves were just a tad shallow. A few minutes on the grinder and all is well.

Back