Lms

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicious-peanut

Reaction score
I was thinking about the new LMS motors from Aerotech and was wondering if you can leave out the ejection charge on them? (think LOC Ultimate, the extra 4 tubes)

I flew my LOC Ultimate with 6 F42T and a central G40W for ejection. I removed the BP from the F42T motors by pulling on the plastic stopper with a pair of needle-nose pliers. I imagine you could do the same with the LMS motors.

-Aaron

Originally posted by heada
I flew my LOC Ultimate with 6 F42T and a central G40W for ejection. I removed the BP from the F42T motors by pulling on the plastic stopper with a pair of needle-nose pliers. I imagine you could do the same with the LMS motors.

-Aaron

Ahh, thank you! I am glad you can remove the rjection from the single uses. How was the flight with all 7 of the motors? :D

I would remove the ejection from three of them, and leave one of the outboards with the charge in. That way you'll have a backup if the central engine doesn't pop the chute.

It was really cool to see the 6 F42Ts light and get the rocket off the ground before the G40W could come up to pressure. It looked like I air-started the G40W about 50 feet above ground.

I'll be sending up the same rocket on 7 G77R motors in about a week (if the weather doesn't scrub the launch) I'll try to get some video of that one. With that launch, I'll remove the BP from the 4 outboards but leave it in the central 3 for ejection. I'm also thinking of using my ARTS2 as an apogee only backup.

-Aaron

Not recommend taking the ejection out of all of them, if the one with the charge doesnt blow, your in big trouble.

If you have an alt I would just take all of the charges out and use that, or maybe leave one charge (with a long delay) in.

Back