LEUP Contingency Storage

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncrichie

Reaction score
Hello all. This is my first venture on the Rocketry Forum. Been lurking for awhile and you guys/gals seem very knowledgable. Hopefully someone will have the info I need. When applying for a LEUP with contingency storage what is the max distance that the BATFE is allowing between the LEUP applicant and the magazine owner? I realize I should address this to the Bureau but I wanted to get a rough idea beforehand. TIA Uncrichie...

My storage is 90 minutes away, in another state, and the ATF issued me a permit.

Your best bet, however, is to call the local ATF agent and speak with one of the agents there. They'll be the ones coming and chatting with you about it, so they're the ones whose answer matters most.

-Kevin

Good call Kevin. Our club owns and maintains a storage magazine for the contingent use of its members. Some of our members live across the state 6 to 8 hours away, while other live in other states altogether. It just depends on how amiable the ATF field agent(s) are. In our case, our various club members are dealing with three different regional ATF agents, and all so far have been very understanding and helpful. They have allowed the contingent use so far in each case. So far, the "key" to the permissions seem to be accessability and availability to the club's magazine. Our "keeper of the magazine" makes things pretty easy, so it's been no hassle so far.

Best Regards

Latest posts

Back