Lego and ... just Lego really

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not because of VIP points, but I finally ordered the bonsai tree! 😄

lego-bonsai-tree-set-10281-15-2.jpg

I could never pull the trigger but I needed something extra to get free shipping on Amazon and this is what I needed the most. Half-serious 🧐 office decor ☕.

View attachment 586056

I could never pull the trigger but I needed something extra to get free shipping on Amazon and this is what I needed the most. Half-serious 🧐 office decor ☕.
The botanicals are pretty nice. My wife has enjoyed building and displaying the orchids. They actually do make nice home decor.

A very unique vehicle:

"Before I so much as talk about the details here, I really, really, really feel the need to emphasis the fact that today’s news is just a rumor at this stage. We can corroborate the folks over at PromoBricks with a source of our own, but you know how something like this can go. Until we get an actual leak of the set, or the LEGO Group gives us a full reveal, it’s best to just keep expectations in check."

https://9to5toys.com/2023/07/28/lego-dune-ornithopter-set-news/

View attachment 586056

fun build! I have it on my window at work.. (spring pink foliage though..)

The LR 13000 is a beast. Read a few reviews it constantly amazes me how far they can push Technic.

The LR 13000 is a beast. Read a few reviews it constantly amazes me how far they can push Technic.
I wish there a way to just build them, and keep them for a short time. I have a Bricklink account but it's also a hassle to sell them again, so now I only get what I can keep and display for long time. The rover might make it to my office, but the opportunity to visit Marvin for while was also too good to pass up 👾😁

some of the GBC machines push the limits too!! Akiyuki shows off his stuff below.. I built the 'Cycloidal drive' one a few years ago, never really worked that well.. but cool to look at!

and I am at the point where I need to pare my stuff down! luckily the shows usually have a garage sale night! I've thought time & time again about a bricklink shop, but it just seems like a bit of a hassle.

https://www.planet-gbc.com/gbcmodule-akiyuki-invisiblelift/

Last edited:
I wish there a way to just build them, and keep them for a short time. I have a Bricklink account but it's also a hassle to sell them again, so now I only get what I can keep and display for long time. The rover might make it to my office, but the opportunity to visit Marvin for while was also too good to pass up 👾😁
I’m in the same boat. I just want to build them, look at them for a little while and pass them on. I looked into lego rental companies once, but from what I heard the big popular sets were never available and pieces would sometimes be missing. So I never pulled the trigger. Maybe they’ve gotten better.
https://netbricks.biz/

and I am at the point where I need to pare my stuff down! luckily the shows usually have a garage sale night! I've thought time & time again about a bricklink shop, but it just seems like a bit of a hassle.

There are also physical secondhand LEGO shops in some places that buy/sell/trade. They're an option to unload collections, particularly complete sets, more easily than setting up a BrickLink shop or so on.

Just last week I got to stop by the Bricks & Wheels just outside Seattle:
https://bricksandwheels.com/
Bricks & Minifigs has franchises all around the country; earlier in the month I got to visit the one just outside Detroit:
https://bricksandminifigs.com/

Worth poking around Google Maps or similar. Sadly, as far as I know, the shop like these closest to my home is a solid hour of unpleasant city driving so I haven't been. But you might be luckier!

I'm lucky in St Louis we have a brand store, fast shipping from Romeoville IL, a local LEGO resale place and 2 Bricks and Mining franchises (they are a bit far from me and haven't made it by one yet.). Most of the resale places give a decent amount from what I hear for full sets. Not as much as you'd get off bricklink or eBay but less hassle seems a fair trade off.

I hear you guys I got too much of my Dad's model railroading. Once I build a set or MoC I have a hard time parting it out. Plus my parts storage scheme is likely approaching a massive rethink that I don't have time for.

@dr wogz Akiyuki's work is fantastic. GBC is a whole nother world. I wish we had someone in my LUG that did GBC

JK brickworks is a favorite of mine too. He always has such elegant mechanical solutions.

Rivendell is gorgeous but well out of my budget constraints. Those new fern pieces are amazing. The diagonal roof tiles look so good.

Back