Lego and ... just Lego really

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to KC to see Brickman's Bricktionary show. Thought these might be appreciated around here. Saturn V and other space stuff is on the camera and I will get them off the computer later.

Attachments

• IMG_20240216_110609714.jpg
    IMG_20240216_110609714.jpg
    552.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_105800913.jpg
    IMG_20240216_105800913.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_104158817.jpg
    IMG_20240216_104158817.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240216_103831149.jpg
    IMG_20240216_103831149.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
wow,super cool!

always loved the layered / relief sculpting on larger lego models..

Mosaics are becoming a big part of any show these days!

wow,super cool!

always loved the layered / relief sculpting on larger lego models..

Mosaics are becoming a big part of any show these days!
Mosaics have a neat wow factor. A friend in my LUG just built a Calvin and Hobbs with a Start Night style back ground mosaic that is just jaw dropping

Mosaics have a neat wow factor. A friend in my LUG just built a Calvin and Hobbs with a Start Night style back ground mosaic that is just jaw dropping
the wife has an 'Alita' Mosaic to do.. (Just nee to get eh baseplates!)

One of the exhibitors up here, has done a neat one using cheese wedges. Its two picreus in one, dependin on what angle you view it from.. So, from one side you see Superman. The other angle, you see Wonder Woman. Really well done.

the wife has an 'Alita' Mosaic to do.. (Just nee to get eh baseplates!)

One of the exhibitors up here, has done a neat one using cheese wedges. Its two picreus in one, dependin on what angle you view it from.. So, from one side you see Superman. The other angle, you see Wonder Woman. Really well done.
The lenticular cheese slopes are cool I've seen a few. I saw a mosaic once that was a Star Wars Rebellion Logo that was all black. The back ground went one way and the logo went the opposite. The way it caught the light was really cool.

I thought I had posted this...

Last year I got my wife a Lego Mickey portrait and built it for her. While building it, I saw that you could also build the alternate Minnie version.

This year, for her birthday, I bought another set (off ebay since now it's OOP) and my daughter built it this time while I combined it with the Mickey one.

We surprised her with the picture and she especially loved it since it came from both of us!

1000016638.jpg
(About 30" wide.)

Last edited:
I was going to wait for a double points weekend, but due to a combination of absolute HYPE for the set, the limited GWP Mimic dice box, and the limited hard copy of the D&D adventure book specially made for the set, I went for it and ordered the D&D set today.

Definitely not for me, but I love how the GWP is safety straps to help move it with. I don't even want to think about how much this thing would cost with over 100,000 pieces. I imagine a lot of the pieces are just yellow and blue bricks so probably a good bit less than the $10,000 one would expect from the usual roughly $.10 per piece.

Place your bets! I'm thinking about $5000.

Definitely not for me, but I love how the GWP is safety straps to help move it with. I don't even want to think about how much this thing would cost with over 100,000 pieces. I imagine a lot of the pieces are just yellow and blue bricks so probably a good bit less than the $10,000 one would expect from the usual roughly $.10 per piece.

Place your bets! I'm thinking about $5000.

You do realize what today’s date is, right?

Don’t feel too bad. I bought it for at least a few minutes too…
Same here. However, the crazy piece count was the dead giveaway for me and the pic of it next to the sofa was funny. :)

Related, I was initially interested in the article because I think Megabloks used to have Minions building sets and I bought a few of them from Toys R Us years ago to collect. One was a large Minion like the one in the article, but no where near as large.

Sets seem to get larger and larger every year and still get sold out.
That is true. That 9090-piece Titanic seems pretty popular. It's still not retired and on backorder all the time. The Eiffel Tower and world map both break the 10,000 piece barrier, though neither is that interesting to me personally.

At least my purchase of the D&D set and getting the book and mimic chest freebies with it is 100% legit, despite the date.

That is true. That 9090-piece Titanic seems pretty popular. It's still not retired and on backorder all the time. The Eiffel Tower and world map both break the 10,000 piece barrier, though neither is that interesting to me personally.

At least my purchase of the D&D set and getting the book and mimic chest freebies with it is 100% legit, despite the date.
The DnD set is beautiful but out of my price range. The collectable fig line in the fall I'll probably get a whole set of.

Holy smokes. Remember that Lego can be an investment.

I was looking up how much I could get the new Darth Malak minifigure from Bricklink for, since I want him but not really the buildable R2-D2 that comes with him. I had a sudden inkling to check the price on Darth Revan minifigures, since it's a rare one and my wife scored me one as a GWP when the Rogue One sets came out back in 2016. (She went to the San Diego Lego store for me first thing in the morning since I couldn't miss work, and she ended up being 5th or 6th in line IIRC.)

Darth Revan minifigures go for $200+. $300+ if it's still sealed in the bag. Not that mine is for sale. I should get a little case or something for it though...

When we do the yearly show / convention, there is always a vendor who is strictly 'minigfigs' And when we pass buy, the wife & I point out: "Have it, have it, have 2 of them.. have it, have it...." and as I quickly add up a few in my head, I'm easily over $100.. so, having a sizeable collection, I can see a few grand in minigfigs in my basement!

We've kinda waned off the collectible minifigs, as they are not cheap ($6CAD these days up here), and they eventually end up in a baggie, in a bin, in the basement..

When we do the yearly show / convention, there is always a vendor who is strictly 'minigfigs' And when we pass buy, the wife & I point out: "Have it, have it, have 2 of them.. have it, have it...." and as I quickly add up a few in my head, I'm easily over $100.. so, having a sizeable collection, I can see a few grand in minigfigs in my basement!

We've kinda waned off the collectible minifigs, as they are not cheap ($6CAD these days up here), and they eventually end up in a baggie, in a bin, in the basement..
That's cool though! I need to get to one of those conventions one of these days. I don't have that many collectible minifigs myself, just ones of characters like Darth Revan that I really wanted. I'm planning to get the blind-box minifigs for the first time later this year when the D&D ones come out. I'll probably buy a dozen or so, and try to sell the doubles and use the proceeds to buy the ones I missed.

Holy smokes. Remember that Lego can be an investment.
Yup, in the past I've sold old Lego sets on ebay totalling thousands.

One (UCS Tie Fighter?) I sold for $800. However, like any other commodity, prices fluctuate and can swing wildly.

I usually buy sets I think are cool and don't mind keeping, but if values increase wildly, I'm happy to sell them for money to buy more sets! :)

I usually buy sets I think are cool and don't mind keeping, but if values increase wildly, I'm happy to sell them for money to buy more sets! :)
Same, I was just shocked that the Darth Revan was going for so much after I got it as a promo for free. He's pretty rare and a very popular character, I suppose. Definitely going to keep it as a treasure though unless I'm really desperate for money.

Same, I was just shocked that the Darth Revan was going for so much after I got it as a promo for free. He's pretty rare and a very popular character, I suppose. Definitely going to keep it as a treasure though unless I'm really desperate for money.
Yeah Revan is nuts, but there are a few other very pricey SW figs. It's the over lap of Fandoms. If you're looking for complete sets of CMFs with out having to chase them check out https://minifiguresplus.com/. I'm going to preorder the space ones.

Sweet! Thank you! I was thinking about the space ones but I'll definitely keep an eye out for when the D&D ones are available here.
You're welcome. What the are asking for the bat knight individually right now is nuts. The line is still out and it's $20! The full sets are a good deal though.

Back