LDRS 30 September 1-6, 2011

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A number of us were musing about the "odd roc" possibilities afforded to us by the fact that this is going to be "LDRS Triple-X".... :y:

It might be worth a 23 hour drive to be there to see that! :jaw:

Heh.. The first thing that pops into mind is some variation of Estes' "Dude" rocket...

A number of us were musing about the "odd roc" possibilities afforded to us by the fact that this is going to be "LDRS Triple-X".... :y:

It might be worth a 23 hour drive to be there to see that! :jaw:

Oh, please, do not mention that around Terry Smemo! I cringe to think about what he'd dream up!

-Kevin

Well it's only 1200 miles for me... Maybe I better start getting ready..

The Aries will fly again... I am thinking 75mm mounts for the little joe.
and I have always wanted to do a 12" diam Ramjet...

Hope you make it. I would really like to see the Aires up close and the Little Joe fly. Heck, at the rate I'm going maybe I will get that RIM 67 done by then.

Craig

LDRS 30 in Argonia Yea ! I was hoping it would be back there next year. I am definitely planing on attending . I have been Argonia for two LDRS's (1994 and 2003) It is always been a great place to fly. Huge flat open fields and very high wavier. The Kloudbusters team really knows how to host a LDRS !. Don't miss it if you can guys. It is well worth my 1500 mile drive each way.

Cheers
John ..

Last edited:
LDRS 30 in Argonia Yea ! I was hoping it would be back there next year. I am definitely planing on attending . I have been Argonia for two LDRS's (1994 and 2003) It is always been a great place to fly. Huge flat open fields and very high wavier. The Kloudbusters team really knows how to host a LDRS !. Don't miss it if you can guys. It is well worth my 1500 mile drive each way.

It's a long way off, but I'm planning on being there. It's 1/2 the distance for me now that I'm in the Southwest, and about the same distance I just travelled to Lucerne.

-John

I wish the 2 groups could have coordinated the events better for us right coasties. LDRS then to BALLS. But 3 wks in between is too long.

Hope you make it. I would really like to see the Aires up close and the Little Joe fly. Heck, at the rate I'm going maybe I will get that RIM 67 done by then.

Craig

Craig,

It would be a pleasure. there are a bunch of central and east coasters I would love to meet.

I heard there is NO camping right at the launch site? or is that a bad rumor.
Someone told me there is a campground about five miles away and thats where you have to camp.. even if you have a trailer.. I hope that is not true.

...says the man who named his Talon "It Burns When I P"....

:p

I can think of a worse name... but it not appropriate for here

Craig,

It would be a pleasure. there are a bunch of central and east coasters I would love to meet.

I heard there is NO camping right at the launch site? or is that a bad rumor.
Someone told me there is a campground about five miles away and thats where you have to camp.. even if you have a trailer.. I hope that is not true.
Bad rumor. We have always allowed camping at the Argonia Rocket Pasture. There is no water or electricity, so if you want hookups then the Argonia River Park is where you want to be. Otherwise, there are usually dozens of folks who stay on-site in RVs and tents.

All these details will be put forth in plenty of time, which is still a few months away.

--Lance.
KLOUDBusters

Kansas...this might be doable! After all the excitement and celebrity attention 29 got....I'd be crazy not to try.

Mark, You better make it if I am travelling 20hours......:D

Yep its in my plan. I am starting an account right now and throwing money in it for travel expenses!

Can't wait to put a face to the name, and spend some time around the campfire.

Michael Gross has promised some of his Home Brew If I show up.. how can I say NO? :cheers:

Bad rumor. We have always allowed camping at the Argonia Rocket Pasture. There is no water or electricity, so if you want hookups then the Argonia River Park is where you want to be. Otherwise, there are usually dozens of folks who stay on-site in RVs and tents.

All these details will be put forth in plenty of time, which is still a few months away.

--Lance.
KLOUDBusters

Awesome I am glad its was a bad rumor.

I did 7 days at LDRS without having to dump my trailer, on the last day I ran out of fresh water. I used the melted ice in my cooler to put in the fresh tank, worked good enough to flush the toilet/ wash your hands. so I am good to GO!

This is getting me worked up already.... better start the building! (i'm thinking 12" ramjet)

Last edited:
I did 7 days at LDRS without having to dump my trailer, on the last day I ran out of fresh water. I used the melted ice in my cooler to put in the fresh tank, worked good enough to flush the toilet/ wash your hands. so I am good to GO!

This is getting me worked up already.... better start the building! (i'm thinking 12" ramjet)

The KLOUDBusters are good about having a lot of portapotties on site; a friend uses those, to reduce the amount going into his waste tank.

Of course, that doesn't help the freshwater situation, but it at least extends how long you can go without needing to dump anything.

-Kevin

I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife will make sure we get the boys out of school to go to LDRS 30. We already go to Airfest, thus its just a couple extra days. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

John

The KLOUDBusters are good about having a lot of portapotties on site; a friend uses those, to reduce the amount going into his waste tank.

Of course, that doesn't help the freshwater situation, but it at least extends how long you can go without needing to dump anything.

-Kevin

Thats exactly how we do it.. If I could just get the kids to understand that..
May I should make them dump the tank a few times.. :D

A definite maybe for me. I've heard nothing but good things about Argonia as an LDRS spot, and I would love to go check it out!

Pick me up on the way...

Yep its in my plan. I am starting an account right now and throwing money in it for travel expenses!

Mark, Chris and I will meet up with you. Can you say Roadtrip baby!!

Oh crap, how will I tell Michele...:(

I have a sneaking suspicion that my wife will make sure we get the boys out of school to go to LDRS 30. We already go to Airfest, thus its just a couple extra days. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

Ya think? Her squeal about shattered my eardrum when I told her it was in Argonia next year. :)

I'm looking forward to it (as well as AirFest this year); we should have a good crowd in attendance in 2011!

-Kevin

Very, Very Carefully... of course, a nice gift when you tell her might help, too.

promise you'll take her on a really really nice vaca afterwards? i.e.) hawaii or a cruise? :)

What I failed to mention was next year is our 25th anniversary, so the vacation has to come first. So now I have two savings accounts to get going...

Pick me up on the way...

Mark, Chris and I will meet up with you. Can you say Roadtrip baby!!

Oh crap, how will I tell Michele...:(

Just tell her "Honey we are going somewhere really special.. but it's a surprise so I can't tell you where untill we get there" once you are there she is stuck... or it's a long walk home...

"Road TRIP"...... I call shotgun.. :bangbang:

Ya think? Her squeal about shattered my eardrum when I told her it was in Argonia next year. :)

I'm looking forward to it (as well as AirFest this year); we should have a good crowd in attendance in 2011!

-Kevin

On the way home saturday she commented on getting her level 2 at LDRS. She was already pumped about getting her level 1, but the added LDRS news just made it that much worse. Although after my attempt to work her up on her level one flight (making her think she broke a fin), Rick telling her that she couldn't cert with an unpainted rocket, and then there was your attempt to work her up (which I messed up), I don't think she'll ever trust us to help her with another cert flight. Although you are the prefect;) you can still pull her chain.

John

On the way home saturday she commented on getting her level 2 at LDRS. She was already pumped about getting her level 1, but the added LDRS news just made it that much worse. Although after my attempt to work her up on her level one flight (making her think she broke a fin), Rick telling her that she couldn't cert with an unpainted rocket, and then there was your attempt to work her up (which I messed up), I don't think she'll ever trust us to help her with another cert flight. Although you are the prefect;) you can still pull her chain.

John

They let you fly rockets Naked? oh the humanities... :D

Moi? Sweet, innocent little 'ol moi? Pull her chain?

But of course! :D

She's got plenty of time to get ready for L2 in Argonia. We're working on Deb to go for L3 at LDRS.

-kevin

I am fixing that problem. I am having you do a care bear decal for it. I told her she would catch heck for flying naked. I at least flew mine in its underwear (primed).:blush:

John

Oh, we're a bit more....understanding....with the ladies.

As for G2? We made him wear long regular undies, long undies, boxers, shorts, t-shirt, flannel shirt, long pants, sweat pants, parka, and a snowmobile suit.

Then we considered letting him on the range!

-Kevin

Oh, we're a bit more....understanding....with the ladies.

As for G2? We made him wear long regular undies, long undies, boxers, shorts, t-shirt, flannel shirt, long pants, sweat pants, parka, and a snowmobile suit.

Then we considered letting him on the range!

-Kevin

And this was in the middle of summer, right, Kevin? :roll:

Back