Launch Lab Rocketry - Bullet Bobby

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just found this thread. Thanks for all the comments and excellent build tips and pics! Glad you guys are enjoying the kit. I definitely have spare parts if you need them, and an OpenRocket sim file as well. Feel free to reach out here or on the site! Upscale is in the works (just figuring out exactly how big to go lol). Fins do occasionally break off with a hard landing (as they do on other rockets) but since they're basswood, I have yet to see the fin actually break - more like it just comes detached from the BT and can be re-glued or even taped in the field. I may or may not have used a taped-on fin for like 1/3 of initial testing hahah.

Ryan's (unsolicited) review was amazing and I also was dying at the "aerodynamics of a trash can lid" comment lol.

Now ya'all got me thinking about staging....hmmm.

I'm having a ton of fun seeing everyone building and launching Bullet Bobby, and am trying to get a few new kits out into beta shortly! Thanks for the support!
Hi Steve, do you have an OpenRocket sim file for the 18 mm version? Thanks either way.

HaHa. I'll shoot video but all I have is my phone so it will be from a ways off. I CHAD stage off the midpower pads so the setback is appropriately large.

A CHAD stage flight from a while back. Fliskits Richter Recker 3xD12-0 to 3xE9-6. Like I posted earlier, I have a history! :)

<iframe width="644" height="362" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, I need to try this on mine!

I have both the the mini one as well as the XXL. I crashed my first XXL, but the remnants are being rehabbed by a friend. I bought a second XXL, but haven't started it yet. I think I'll adhere to the instructions a little more this time as far as using the Titebond wood glue for the interior fillets. Anyways, my mini Bullet Bobby flys great at the smaller field I fly at.

Back