Last? Purdy sod farm launch of the year

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob jablonski

Reaction score
The next Indiana Rocketry launch is posted on there Facebook page. Is is SATURDAY Sept 19th. (Which is also Rocdocs Birthday) Rocdoc says he will be there as long as no one runs him off the road again! Glad no one got hurt last month. Hopefuly there will be more launch news when we get there.
Mr. Bob
Countyline Hobbies
Grovertown, IN.
574-540-1123
[email protected]
www.countylinehobbies.com
Like us on Facebook
The newest Authorized CTI dealer

I'll be there all day this time! Can't wait. little Extreme 12 - 2stager, super batray DD, Countyline FG Alpha, Leviathan and a 2.6" V2 is my plan,

Maybe Vic would be up for a Leviathan drag race ?

Man alot of birthdays. Mine and jr's on Friday and you and Jenny G's doing it up next weekend.

What's the deal with a bigger field? Ash grove was pretty nice! Any progress on finding an alternate?

Just posted on facebook last night. We will be flying at the Purdy sod farm north on Veterans memorial highway (same place as last year). Looks like a chance of rain for the first half of the launch but that won't stop me. Maybe we can find something out on the high power field front.

Dunno if I will make it down. Maybe I will take Saturday to start prepping for MWP (that and getting caught up on grading)

Another launch in the books. Turn out from the locals were light as most were having to deal with the storms that rolled through last night. Folks came from as far as the Chigago land area to play. Happy B.D. again Rocdoc. Glad. To harass you and John again. Thanks.for the use of the rail Nick. Your Batray got a good work out.
Weather turned out great so if you missed it cuz you had to play with a chainsaw you missed out.

Another launch in the books. Turn out from the locals were light as most were having to deal with the storms that rolled through last night. Folks came from as far as the Chigago land area to play. Happy B.D. again Rocdoc. Glad. To harass you and John again. Thanks.for the use of the rail Nick. Your Batray got a good work out.
Weather turned out great so if you missed it cuz you had to play with a chainsaw you missed out.

I had a flat tire to deal with during a thunderstorm yesterday and then had to take dog to the vet this morning. By the time I got around to thinking about going today, it was too late to go. Don't know how bad things were there, but there were a few county roads up here where ponds on opposite sides of the road had merged.

I was shocked to see how few made it to the launch, but if the weather here was any indication, I can understand why so many were busy there.

Good to see you Bob & Tom, Gary & John. Not a good turn out from the locals maybe due to the weather the night prior and clouds that morning. This mention we all had to fly everything we brought - I would say John O flew a butt load of rockets.

Thanks to John & Gary for the advice on the Garmin.

Tom's "Duck Hunter" .... Then "Uck Hunter"...now just "unter"
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1442839765.931912.jpg

My workhorse - 11 flights so far

ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1442839781.258877.jpg

E12-0 CATO - my first in a cardboard rocket...guess it had to happen sometime.
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1442839838.263552.jpg

John O & Gary teaching me the missing link, (heck - even his young boys know more about tracking than me) - hope to order soon then come to 3 Oaks
ImageUploadedByRocketry Forum1442839991.684554.jpg

Back