Lakeroadster's X-Wing Alpha Build Thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[yoda voice]A perimeter around the launch pad make, hmm?[/yoda voice]

[yoda voice]A perimeter around the launch pad make, hmm?[/yoda voice]
Last launch we did there my Cygnus Probe Ship Ground hit maybe 30 yards from the pad. We walked over to it, the end of the body tube was on fire, and the Kevlar chord was burning, and there was a small grass fire. I easily stomped out the fire and then dumped a couple gallons of water on the grassy area that
was affected.

The rocket flew on a F42T-4. The chute deployed pretty much a fraction of a second before ground hit.

But if it had landed 60 yards away, and if we had difficulty in finding it.... then?

It's not worth the risk. Discretion is the better part of valor, or something like that.

2022-07-26 Cygnus Probe Ship 2nd Launch 003 Ground Hit.JPG003.JPG

Last launch we did there my Cygnus Probe Ship Ground hit maybe 30 yards from the pad. We walked over to it, the end of the body tube was on fire, and the Kevlar chord was burning, and there was a small grass fire. I easily stomped out the fire and then dumped a couple gallons of water on the grassy area that
was affected.

The rocket flew on a F42T-4. The chute deployed pretty much a fraction of a second before ground hit.

But if it had landed 60 yards away, and if we had difficulty in finding it.... then?

It's not worth the risk. Discretion is the better part of valor, or something like that.

View attachment 533095View attachment 533096
good point, and with a booster and sustainer possibly igniting two separate grass fires, yeah, a bit risky situation. Would need to be a pretty large perimeter.

mostly I was making a joke to paraphrase a scene from Attack of the Clones when General Yoda rescues the surviving Jedi on Geonosis.

Last edited:
good point, and with a booster and sustainer possibly igniting two separate grass fires, yeah, a bit risky situation. Would need to be a pretty large perimeter.

mostly I was making a joke to paraphrase a scene from Attack of the Clones when General Joda rescues the surviving Jedi on Geonosis.

I haven't really caught up on all the sequels... it'll happen if they ever make it to Roku / Hulu.

Thanks for the comments, all are welcomed.

I'll say; you appear to be twenty years behind. Of course, there's no rule saying this has to be a priority; to each his own.
Well, if we're being timekeepers, technically we are all years behind.. except for Marty, Doc and the fella running the controls in The Time Machine.

A long time ago.jpg

And they're on their way....

There's always that discount video box in the middle of the aisle at Walmart...
Buy up all the PHYSICAL CONTENT you can before everything disappears under the IP rights of digital streaming. You will have to pry my original Original Trilogy VHS tapes out of my cold, dead hands. HAN SHOT FIST!

Back