Labor day launch pics

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SPONGE

Reaction score
Today we went to the Austin Area Rocket Group's Labor Day launch and had a great time. I'm now an official member. This was the last launch for the field in Pflugerville, so there was a great turn out, and there was a push to set a new field altitude record. I showed up to fly my scratch built rockets and some regular model stuff.

This picture is the launch of my first design using a 2in mailing tube and a cluster of 3 D12s. This is the third one I have built. The first two suffered less than successful flights. Today I had a perfect flight.

This shot is of the launch of my second scratch built design with 2in mailing tube and a cluster of 3 D12s. On this flight I only got two engines lit, and when those ejection charges fired they ignited the third engine from the top. The burning from the third engine scorched the inside of the air frame so bad that the rocket will have to be rebuilt. I might not even be able to salvage the motor mount.

All the rest of the pics I am posting here are of other people's rockets. This is a shot of a Goblin on an H154.

This is a high power model I'm not familiar with.

I think this is a Patriot, on a nice smokey motor.

This is the new field altitude record holder with a flight to 11,612 ft. An Amram on a K250.

Great photos! Your Nike looks particularly good going up. Well done.

Originally posted by SPONGE
This is a high power model I'm not familiar with.
I love the photo of the high power rocket you're not familiar with. ;) If you look closely in the photo, you can see that the rocket dragged the igniter leads into the air with it! Very Cool! :cool:

Excellent report Sponge...and good job with the pics too! Looks like you got a few good launches in yourself and that's always a good thing...

btw, the unknown model looks alot like a PML Endeavour...

Once again, great job!

Carl

Back