L1 Special!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric1

BaddAzz Rocketry
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is how to get your L1 for Near Nothing!!!

Follow this Thread for your Motor and reload:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?44669-Announcing-Certify-With-Us

Here are some photos of what I have want to do for you!
I Give you the Lil' Mizz Judy! Named for my 11 yr old Daughter.
Pardon the Photos and build this is a prototype.
Order the Rocket For $35.00 and I will give you a Certificate good for $35.00 against a future purchase For your L2!
Redeem with proof of your L1.
Get on board with Badd Azz Rocketry!!

Yes, I double posted this! I don't want you to miss out on this!!!!!

Attachments

• 100_2404.JPG
    100_2404.JPG
    129.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 100_2403.JPG
    100_2403.JPG
    142.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_2402.jpg
    100_2402.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 37
Eric, I am really interested and ready to take the plunge into high power. Do you have any more info on this kit? With all the cert deals from motor manufactures it seems like a no-brainer. Our club launch sight has a ceiling of 4500' AGL, but I want to get the most usefull case for my cert load that will let me put larger loads in it for the future. I also want to be successful and most people around here recomend a sub 2000' flight. Any more info would be greatly appreciated.

Itching to be the first to fly BADDAZZ up here!
Jeff

Cool looking bird. What are its specs? Didn't see it on the site. Gotta pick up a Dezzendar though.

Cool looking bird. What are its specs? Didn't see it on the site. Gotta pick up a Dezzendar though.

I looked also and could not find it. I'm interested in that bird even if I can't get it for cert special.

Eric, Can you make us a Lil' Mizz Judy kit. I think Mac will use it for his Jr Level 1.

i take it, like that!!! money sent (bit more)!

do me a favor, make me for 2013 a 6 inches version of it ;-)

I want one of these Lil Mizz Judy"s, actually I'll order 2, one for me and one for my son. It'll be a father , son build and then drag races. :)

When and how can we order them????????

Thanks G Man! Considering your design skills I really appreciate it!!

I looked also and could not find it. I'm interested in that bird even if I can't get it for cert special.

Just Paypal me the $35.00 plus $8. to ship. If you come to Orangeburg save the $8.00 I'll deliver!

PayPal Address: [email protected]

Eric, Can you make us a Lil' Mizz Judy kit. I think Mac will use it for his Jr Level 1.

Yes Chuck, You know I'll make him one! It can be my Christmas Gift to him!
I about passed out when he turned down $15.00 bucks to go after a rocket!!
You should have him cut some lawns when you get back!
Love Ya, Bro

i take it, like that!!! money sent (bit more)!

do me a favor, make me for 2013 a 6 inches version of it ;-)

Got your order Thank You Sir!
I'll make you a Six In the coming Spring!
I'll use the mold from Pyzzcho Killer, thought already in mind!
You want 75mm or 54mm? I'm thinking go 75mm,can always adapt down.
98mm looses to mu boat tail in a 6". That would need to be Bigger! 8" I think!

I want one of these Lil Mizz Judy"s, actually I'll order 2, one for me and one for my son. It'll be a father , son build and then drag races. :)

When and how can we order them????????

Thank You too! Info in this post. Sorry not on site, Hard to get my site updated.
I'm gonna take it over Soon. May not be as Sexy Cause I'm Clueless on how to do it.

Last edited:
I'll be getting one after the begining of the year, all rocket buying is currently on hold. We'll have to change the name on ours to Mizz Cheye though (my 11yr old).

Very nice design Eric, I like the lines. I don't need the L1 special but it looks like a great park flier. Can you tell us a few more details about the kit-- what the body and fin materials are, motor size, etc?

Thanks G Man! Considering your design skills I really appreciate it!!

Just Paypal me the $35.00 plus $8. to ship. If you come to Orangeburg save the $8.00 I'll deliver!

PayPal Address: [email protected]

Yes Chuck, You know I'll make him one! It can be my Christmas Gift to him!
I about passed out when he turned down $15.00 bucks to go after a rocket!!
You should have him cut some lawns when you get back!
Love Ya, Bro

Got your order Thank You Sir!
I'll make you a Six In the coming Spring!
I'll use the mold from Pyzzcho Killer, thought already in mind!
You want 75mm or 54mm? I'm thinking go 75mm,can always adapt down.
98mm looses to mu boat tail in a 6". That would need to be Bigger! 8" I think!

Thank You too! Info in this post. Sorry not on site, Hard to get my site updated.
I'm gonna take it over Soon. May not be as Sexy Cause I'm Clueless on how to do it.

He should have done it for free. I am gonna get him when I get home.

LAZY.

Very nice design Eric, I like the lines. I don't need the L1 special but it looks like a great park flier. Can you tell us a few more details about the kit-- what the body and fin materials are, motor size, etc?

Sorry Beez, I miss the post.

NoseCone, Boatail and Coupler are Plastic I mold in house. The Motor retainer is 6061. Centering Ring and fins are G10. I prototyped fins with scrape electrical grade fiberglass.
18' thinmill chute included. Very Cool Vinyl available from Mark at Stickershock!

Motors:
F36BS-7 1235'
G80SK-11 2822'
H128W-14 4850'

For MadMen Only!!!:
I243W-13 8393':surprised::jaw:

Prototype ready to Launch!
Very Straight Balanced Flights

100_2423.jpg

See? I CAN take good pictures!:tongue:

And I can testify that it did indeed fly straight as an arrow on that G something Eric flew it on..Quite impressive!

NoseCone, Boatail and Coupler are Plastic I mold in house.

Ah that explains it, it looked like the turned UHMW nose cones that you've got with some of your kits but for $35 I couldn't figure out how that was possible. Well Mizz Judy is a real looker, she's like a Madcow Lil' Goblin but with sexier curves and a meaner fin rake-- payment sent via PayPal :)

Do you recommend any particular adhesive for gluing to the plastic or can we just use the usual epoxies? Also does the plastic need any kind of special prep or primer for painting?

Looks like a great design, if this isn't under the tree then I will have to put an order in come January!

Yes Sir Beez I do. Use Loctite plastic epoxy or Plastic weld from O'Reilley's auto. (I'll get the name brnad for you, just woke up and I can't remember it)
Prep is very important! Wash plastic in Dawn to remove silicone mold release. You must do this Before you sand or you will force silicone into plastic and painting will get you!.
Lightly sand with a #500 paper,Prime,fill with red filler,sand and prime until you are happy then paint!

I'm waiting on machine time to cut fins for these. I cut the prototype set by hand.

Thank you for the order!

See? I CAN take good pictures!:tongue:

And I can testify that it did indeed fly straight as an arrow on that G something Eric flew it on..Quite impressive!

Yes you Did! I couldn't see it without my glasses!! Thanks Buddy!

Last edited:
Yes Sir Beez I do. Use Loctite plastic epoxy or Plastic weld from O'Reilley's auto. (I'll get the name brnad for you, just woke up and I can't remember it)

I'm glad I asked. I've seen both of those, (is the other one Permatex?) I'll pick some up next time I'm out.

Prep is very important! Wash plastic in Dawn to remove silicone mold release. You must do this Before you sand or you will force silicone into plastic and painting will get you!.
Lightly sand with a #500 paper,Prime,fill with red filler,sand and prime until you are happy then paint!

Another kit this reminds me of a bit is the old BSD Diablo/Diab-Glo (but I prefer your unbroken arc from nosecone to boat tail without any straight airframe, it's a more retro look), which got me to wondering...do you think the walls of your molded plastic are thin enough to be translucent, like your Myzztic kit? If it would pass light through I might skip painting altogether and play around with LED lighting...

I'm waiting on machine time to cut fins for these. I cut the prototype set by hand.

I'm in no hurry, I don't need mine to stuff any Christmas stockings so feel free to push my order to the back of the line if that helps.

Thank you for the order!

You're very welcome.

YAY!! I got a Lil' Mizz Judy in the mail today :) Thank you sir, the kit looks great! It'll probably be a month or two before I have a chance to assemble, but it looks like it will be a very fast build. I'll try and take pics and do a build thread unless someone else gets one up first. But I have to ask, there is one piece in the kit that I'm not sure what it is or where it goes (see pic below). The only thing I can think of is maybe it goes into the nose cone as a bit of nose weight and also to tie the shock cord to? But I'm not sure how unless you just sink it in epoxy. Also there is a very small bit of fiberglass in the photo too...I assumed this was just a scrap that fell into the parts bag but thought I better ask before I toss it since there's already one piece I'm not sure about.

image.jpg

YAY!! I got a Lil' Mizz Judy in the mail today :) Thank you sir, the kit looks great! It'll probably be a month or two before I have a chance to assemble, but it looks like it will be a very fast build. I'll try and take pics and do a build thread unless someone else gets one up first. But I have to ask, there is one piece in the kit that I'm not sure what it is or where it goes (see pic below). The only thing I can think of is maybe it goes into the nose cone as a bit of nose weight and also to tie the shock cord to? But I'm not sure how unless you just sink it in epoxy. Also there is a very small bit of fiberglass in the photo too...I assumed this was just a scrap that fell into the parts bag but thought I better ask before I toss it since there's already one piece I'm not sure about.

I'd say there's way too much machining in that piece to be nose weight, what are it's dimensions? Is it a rail button? Can't really gauge its size.

Yeah it's a very involved piece, but I don't have a clue what else it could be. Way too big to be a rail guide (plus an acme conformal lug was included) but too small to be any part of motor mount or retention. I don't have it in front of me but will post exact measurements later when I have a chance. Maybe it's not part of the kit at all and was sent by accident...

Yeah it's a very involved piece, but I don't have a clue what else it could be. Way too big to be a rail guide (plus an acme conformal lug was included) but too small to be any part of motor mount or retention. I don't have it in front of me but will post exact measurements later when I have a chance. Maybe it's not part of the kit at all and was sent by accident...

Gotcha. It's a cool looking part, looks like a tape guide to me. Maybe he has some non-rocketry related scrap parts from the shop included as nose weight, would make use from otherwise non usable parts.

Back