K and S Rockets site pushing to eBay now....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, flooding is the same story Texas Rocketry is using for their most recent delay.

I think honesty works. If I am told the story up front, given a timeline and updates, then I am better able to deal with delays. That was not down here.

Also this is the not the first tragic circumstance that led to a delay.

In most jurisdictions lawyers are not allowed to represent you in small claims court. You would have to kick up to civil. And to the best of my knowledge someone can file the papers but you must represent yourself. Other states may vary but I wouldn't think by much.

Small claims court can be helpful in this situation, if someone lives nearby they can probably deliver the paperwork to his jurisdiction. I am not sure if you have to appear in person, have a surrogate go, or have to have a lawyer as your surrogate.

One thing for sure is this thread got over 19,000 views so I'm sure by seeing that number K&S will never get any repeat business if they decided to open their doors again. I think if most of you weren't so understanding and kind that you probably would have had time to get legal help and take care of this. I'm not lawyer or anything like that, but isn't there a window of opportunity to file such claims with small claims? And like someone mention it's doesn't mean anything if you win. You still have the burden to collect the money.

That's is true even if you win in small claims court its an entire new level of hell to collect any money. That's another bunch of paperwork to file. The burden is on you to collect.

One thing for sure is this thread got over 19,000 views so I'm sure by seeing that number K&S will never get any repeat business if they decided to open their doors again. I think if most of you weren't so understanding and kind that you probably would have had time to get legal help and take care of this. I'm not lawyer or anything like that, but isn't there a window of opportunity to file such claims with small claims? And like someone mention it's doesn't mean anything if you win. You still have the burden to collect the money.

Agreed. I think there is a big hurdle for the new owner to overcome.

Last edited:
...makes me glad I can't afford this kind of stuff. If I can't do it myself I don't need it. Sure, there will be no Colonial Viper coming out of my shop *but* no one owes me money, either ;) And I can get more stuff from the reliable, SEMROC, UMRC, and Hobby Linc, that makes me happy not angry. The only risk I take is in the Yardsale section and only one transaction there made me nervous...well, they ALL do... but even then it worked out well.

They will do what all of them do. Open up under a different name and be right back here taking peoples money....again. Bottom line is make sure you know who your dealing with. Research, references, etc...even still im always leery. Its a crap shoot either way.

. Bottom line is make sure you know who your dealing with. Research, references, etc...even still im always leery. Its a crap shoot either way.

Agreed it is a "crap shoot" Let us not forget for quite a while K&S WAS a respected vendor with some nice kits and chutes and support. Still not quite sure what happened that caused their delays and lack of communication and ruined their name, but a good vendor went bad and will probably never recover. They are not the first and unfortunately won't be the last. You just need to be careful and hope for the best

I'm 'slightly' encouraged to hear that Scott is promising to deliver what's owed.
It's been about 9 months since I paid $174 I believe it was for my 4" Viper kit. I've pretty much written it off
as a learning experience. I'd love to post that 'Yes, I've received my kit' and will do so if/when it arrives.
It's Christmas day, nothing yet.

Ron

I'm 'slightly' encouraged to hear that Scott is promising to deliver what's owed. It's been about 9 months since I paid $174 I believe it was for my 4" Viper kit. I've pretty much written it off as a learning experience. I'd love to post that 'Yes, I've received my kit' and will do so if/when it arrives. It's Christmas day, nothing yet. Ron

$174!?!? This guy has some legit funds from you guys!

But I heard it on the internet-it MUST be true...if I click my heels together three times..no wait...every time a bell rings...uhh, no-that's not right either. Every time you get a K&S rocket- a postal worker turns in to a Fairy...hmmm, that doesn't sound good either. I'm going for another maple bar.......

a postal worker turns in to a Fairy...hmmm, that doesn't sound good either. I'm going for another maple bar.......

Hmm, are you from California? That sort of talk might get you in trouble for be intolerant.

Hmm, are you from California? That sort of talk might get you in trouble for be intolerant.
I'm just a lowly rocket farmer from the lower south 40. Most of the Fruits and Nuts are further north. Curious thing tho'-if you Google "Tinker Bell" you get like eleventeen and three hundred hits-all in Los Angeles. I moved here for the whether. Whether everyone else is bat's ass crazy or it's just me.....

Lets seee its now january.. Scott. remember that "threat" you e-mailed me saying you were gonna sue my...... if I didnt stop "talking bad about you" (thats the nice version)

well in that same e-mail you said I should shut the F@^& up because ALL orders will be shipped off before 2014...

Just wondering how that shipping went.....

Shall we hold our breaths again?

NOT..

Hmm, don't do that again. We need a good source for stickers.

How much could it cost to make this right for you guys? $100.00 per kit cost maybe? You would think that someone could squeeze that out of a monthly household (or racing) budget and work down the list to get everyone their prepaid kit. I wouldn't be able to sleep. I am so glad this thread made me aware before I was taken, I loved their Ave-bays design.

This thread popped up on a search and I was idly wondering if anyone got anything at all from K&S? I am suspecting not but am hoping that my faith in our fellow man can be restored.

Hold on... I'm going to go find my surprised face...

It's here somewhere....

Later!

--Coop

Back