Journey to Level 2 with Mizz Rhonda

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Russell, I am thrilled this morning! First email I got brought me to your post!! What an excellent write up and L2 journey.
Congratulations!! Thank you for allowing me and Rhonda to be part of your life.:wave:
May I copy paste your photos to share with Facebook? They are wonderful!

Russell, I am thrilled this morning! First email I got brought me to your post!! What an excellent write up and L2 journey.
Congratulations!! Thank you for allowing me and Rhonda to be part of your life.:wave:
May I copy paste your photos to share with Facebook? They are wonderful!

Eric- feel free to use pictures. This journey has been educational from a rocketry and personal perspective. Upon reflecting back at the flight I couldn't help but see symbolism for both Mizz Rhonda and my sister.

Well its been a while since I last posted anything on this build. Like so many others, life has put a few challenges in front of me lately. I have the rocket basically completed, exception the fins arent painted yet. I am pretty happy the way it has turned out. If all goes well this will fly on Saturday and I will expercience a number of firsts. The weather will deftinetley play into whether I can pursue them or not. I hope to achieve my L2, fly a mile high, and have a suceesful dual deploy flight.
This build has taken on a lot of meaning as it will be flown celebrating Mizz Rhonda and her courage as well as my sister who is still on the battlefield, as well as a friend who passed away last week from cancer. In an earlier post I mentioned that the colors of the letter transitioned from the color of brain cancer to the color of stomach cancer ( what my sister is battling). Here are some images of the full rocket and a close-up of one of the letters. My pictures dont do it justice.

Eric- thanks for your pointers and again an awesome kit. The name BaddAzz really fits your products. Thanks for allowing me to combine Mizz Rhondas story with my sisters. Mark at Stickershock you the man- thanks again for your help in finding a way to turn this into reality. Chad- thanks for your help and pointers.

View attachment 122682View attachment 122683

Absolutely awesome!

Here's a really bad video of the flight, enjoy.:facepalm:
[video=youtube_share;UO2nC-uguKk]https://youtu.be/UO2nC-uguKk[/video]

Thanks for the video Chad. I got some good pics of it on the way up and your video will let me get some of it coming down. Appreciate your efforts for the video.

You're welcome, sorry it took so long. Griffin left a box yesterday, said it was for you - unfortunately you've been outbid! Kidding of course, nice haul.

Back