Jolly Logic Altimeter Four??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendanH69

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My first thread!!!

Look, I'm sure I'm not the first to have spotted this, but I've got to ask as its been bugging me for months ...... Is there really a JL Altimeter Four in development? Spotted a tiny one the size of a phone sim card in the extreme RHS of the photo on the JL home page. See attached.

JL Altimeter Four.JPG

Having worked in the production of electonic devices, it's pretty safe to assume engineers are always trying to improve on products, so when there's a new trend in the air, they could be at any stage between having a vague idea on how to integrate the trend (miniaturization, popular software, better or cheaper components, etc.), having prototypes, and being on the verge of announcing a release date. The marketing people guide the engineers towards "what the clients want", and ultimately decide when's the best time to announce a release date, if any.

I reckon that's the prototype (or V1) pcb for the new one. Probably a way to go before the production run.
Yes, but that photo is multiple years old. John will sell it when it's ready, obviously, but the very long gestation period for that product makes one curious.

Back