It's a Christmas miracle!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSamurai

Reaction score
About 8 months or so ago I was launching a mid-power rocket (Ventris). I had used the old Estes method for attaching the shock cord mount and low and behold it ripped out.

The nose cone, parachute, and my brand new Altimeter 1 drifted into the BLM abyss. I recovered the bottom portion and Derek from TRF was kind enough to send me the top half of the Ventris for the rebuild.

Last night at our annual club meeting the entire thing was given to me after BLM had found it while working in the fields!!!

The nose cone and transition tube may be inoperable but the parachute and altimeter are in great shape!!! The wife can no longer hold the loss of the $50 altimeter over my head.

It's a Christmas miracle!!!

2014 will be a great year for you. What a way to start. That must have really made your evening?

It's more of a "My wife doesn't hate the hobby anymore" miracle. lol. Ok she doesn't really hate it but losing the $50 altimeter on the first launch wasn't exactly winning her over. lol

Back