Is this Future?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Green Jello

Reaction score
I've been looking around for this Future everyone here uses. This is the closest thing I've been able to find at Walmart. Is this it?

C440.jpg

Hmm, it could be. I have not seen that yet. Try it out and let us know if it works. Or, you could compare the ingredients first.

Sadly, many companies don't realize what is REALLY important. It seems that the rocketry community will find something in the wider market that really works well in rocketry. About the time the word gets out, the manufacturer either re-formulates destroying the positive rocket factors, re-labels leading to product confusion, re-brands with the same result or discontinues the product and thereby letting the Soviets open the model rocket gap even further.

They don't realize what this does to the American rocket program.

It's sad.

I first started using Future back in 2000 as a setting solution for decals on my 1/48 and 1/72 scale plastic aircraft models ,nothing better in my opinion, even on those cardboard thick Tamiya and Academy stock decals ,the Future(once cured) would suck them right down into rivet holes and panel lines.I would then overspray with gloss to smoothen things out and then a few coats of dullcoat for scale effect and PERFECT !

I still have a few jugs of "Future" after i heard they were switching things around.

Future has gone through many label changes through the years and has even more names in different countries.

For the definative story on Future and it`s name changes ,please go to my friends website......Swanny`s Models ,go to the bottom and hit the oval blue dot that says "tool and tips".....scroll down 6 pictures on the left hand side and click " The Complete Future"

All will be explained better than pretty much anybody.

Paul T

Last edited:
I have never used future on a rocket. Coming from a hi end grocery store background I'll add this. You would want an acrylic. It will dry very hard. Most retail stores IF they still have a tile/linoleum type tile now use hi speed or "burnishing wax. So some of the lower end products such as Future (future as a name example here) have changed their formula to some degree. Acrylic or "hard" finish waxes most often are clear. Many hi speed waxes are somewhat milky in appearance and have a "softer" finish. Which is not what you'd want.

It appears the amazon link from cwbullet is the correct Future. Also various paint spray on clearcoats may not "yellow" as quickly as the Future floor finish. I have waxed floors many, many nights. An entire store in stripped cleaned and three coats wax in one night....but I was a younger man then! :caffeine::caffeine::caffeine:

Oops, sorry. When I searched, I read through multiple Future threads, but not that one.

I wasn't picking on "green Jello" for asking the question. Really, I wasn't ...... It's just that the existing thread has some good info on the subject.

To add a bit, maybe, to the discussion. I'm pretty sure that "Pledge Wood Floor Care" is the same thing as "Pledge with Future Shine." I requested the MSDS for both from Johnson and the data on the sheets are the same for the two products.

-- Roger

I wasn't picking on "green Jello" for asking the question. Really, I wasn't ...... It's just that the existing thread has some good info on the subject.

To add a bit, maybe, to the discussion. I'm pretty sure that "Pledge Wood Floor Care" is the same thing as "Pledge with Future Shine." I requested the MSDS for both from Johnson and the data on the sheets are the same for the two products.

I didn't figure you were. I usually take it as a suggested additional reading link. :wink:

Last edited:
In Light of previous Posts, Does this post make it Future's Past or Would it be Past's Future?

I seem stuck in a Vortex????

We are the dust of the Future past.

Meanwhile, at Marsh (grocery store in the Midwest), I saw the tile floor product Pledge With Future Shine, which works fine. I probably should buy another jug of it.

I have both kinds, wood and tile. It works the same as far as I can tell. I do add some simple green per suggestions on this forum. I also recommend using a foam brush to apply and not use a sprayer. The spray bottle method makes a gigantic mess since you have future overspray everywhere.

I have both kinds, wood and tile. It works the same as far as I can tell. I do add some simple green per suggestions on this forum. I also recommend using a foam brush to apply and not use a sprayer. The spray bottle method makes a gigantic mess since you have future overspray everywhere.

Ok, they look the same, but have you noticed a durability difference? It seems like the wood floor version would be softer.

Green Jello:
Pledge with Future Vinyl Floor Finish would be the right stuff! Been using from this new bottle for some time now.....Works just like the original Future. The Wood Floor finish apparently does not contain the same amount of Future.

Pledge with Future VINYL Floor Finish has the same "STRANGE" characteristic as original Future in the fact just before it becomes solid it seems to thin (self leveling) helping the material remove most bubbles and brush marks.

Ok, they look the same, but have you noticed a durability difference? It seems like the wood floor version would be softer.

I'll be honest - i have not really checked on durability. My Vindicator has a nice layer of tile and I have some LPR covered in wood. I put on 2 layers on the Vindicator and the LPR ones get one only. Find an estes alpha or something and test it out if you have it in your possession. What is the worst that happens? I suspect that micromeister is correct in that the wood version has less "future" but if you have it give it a whirl. If you do not have it then I'd keep looking, as crazy as it sounds.

I located Vinyl future at Wally-world next to the Kids and Pets. In my area it is the only place to get both things. In fact, it is the ONLY thing I have bought from walmart in the last year.

I really like this product and hope they don't stop producing the vinyl version. I suspect that it would work even with less "Future".

Well...if I can't find it at Walmart, there are 900 tile/flooring shops in town. I'm sure I can find it today. Just gonna need some looking.

You may want to check in the grocery stores as well. They may have it in their cleaning section, never know.

Latest posts

Back