Is it looking like a white Xmas for you?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketgeek101

Reaction score
Over the last three days, we've gotten around two feet or so of snow. What with that, and the forecasted temps staying well into the negative numbers (C) it sure looks like we're in for a nice white Christmas! (Which believe it or not is not guaranteed for us.)

I am in North Carolina.

The question answers itself.
(Oh, for you Non-NC'ers, the answer is No. The last time we got snow was Obama's inauguration.)
:)

We got about 2 feet of snow down here in Delmar NY but the forecast shows rain and high temps on the weekend so most of the snow is probably going to melt. At least we got snow though

If by white you mean beach sand, then yes, we do expect a white Christmas...

I'm in Phoenix, so unless there is a major climatic shift very quickly.....no, no snow here for Christmas.

Fortunately we have a cabin about 90 minutes to the north that sits at 7,000 ft. elevation. I don't think there is snow there now, but at that elevation this time of year - any precipitation gives us a good chance at snow.

Downside of missing out on a white Christmas is obvious. But the upside is, the kids can ride their new bikes and fly rockets the day after Christmas. Assuming that's what Santa brings them, of course.

Yes and No.
Its white here in NH,but Ill be in AZ on xmass day.
Messy stuff moving in starting Friday going thru Sunday,but,should still be plenty of snow for xmass.

no snow here in florida, but glutton for punishment i am, going to visit my family for the holidays where they assure me there is already lots of snow and more on the way. yuck!

Initially thought so, but now....
Have over a foot of snow here on the ground, but we are going to have an unseasonal warming up to 55 degrees this weekend and rain so it will wipe out what we have. It will then cool back down but no new snow predicted before Christmas

:cry:

In Michigan we have about 6 inches on the ground but the forecast for the weekend shows a low temp of 30 until Saturday night so we will probably melt some of it off, and then the forecast for Sunday says rain all day with a high of 48 which will probably get rid of the rest.

Here in NJ we've had a bunch recently, and probably have a good 6-7" on the ground now, but it's supposed to get a bit warmer over the next few days so who knows!

White Christmas? Gosh, I hope not. I'm going down to Dallas for the week. This is not the best part of the country for snow and ice. Here's an example why:

HighFive_MAIN.jpg

This is the "High Five", a major highway interchange. Imagine this covered in ice. Happened a couple of weeks ago; shut everything down, people trapped in their cars.

We received another ~5 cm of snow overnight. Talk about the ideal White Christmas!:) Merry Christmas everyone!

What is this snow thing you speak of? Is it like bleached grass or something?

All we have here are grass and trees. None of this snow stuff (although it did hit 27 last night... :))

So, no, not a white christmas (as normal)...
:rofl:

Merry Christmas!!

In Summit county Colorado for the holly-daze... white stuff everywhere. People actually launch rockets under these conditions? My hat's off to all of you who do.

Probably not but there could always be a Christmas miracle.

What is this snow thing you speak of? Is it like bleached grass or something?

All we have here are grass and trees. None of this snow stuff (although it did hit 27 last night... :))

So, no, not a white christmas (as normal)...
:rofl:

Merry Christmas!!

last summer is the green picture lol
white is today lol
same backyard

Lil Carrot on pad.JPGwhite christmas.jpg

In Metro Detroit area, we had a good blanketing last week which mostly melted off in the rain over the weekend, but yesterday and last night we got enough of a sugar-frosting for a patchy white covering. I guess during the day we're supposed to get some more.

We had a "dusting" of snow yesterday morning, but it was gone by the evening. Still the temp. is only 24 for a high.

Back