Interceptor N to fly at LDRS 29

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man! A N motor really blows a hole in the ground! This is what's let of our 4 foot long igniter stick! It got planted about 8 inches into the ground from the motor firing!

IMG_7385.JPG

IMG_7386.JPG

Awesome pictures!:w:...Too bad the bag didn't come off to deploy the main..Damage doesn't look too extreme and should be repairable fairly easily..:)

Guys, you put together a beautiful rocket; it's really a shame the recovery didn't work out better.

I'm glad to hear it's repairable!

BTW, I really like the picture with the lights -- that makes for a nice night display, and the light in the motor mount is a neat touch.

-Kevin

Yes Awesome pictures!! Will she possibly be ready to fly at PB this year?

Yes Awesome pictures!! Will she possibly be ready to fly at PB this year?

Thank you! I really enjoyed doing the "painting with light" night shots! I haven't had the opportunity to use my "artsy" photo skills lately...

We could probably have the repairs done by then, but... Most of us are working on the Proton project and that will be our main effort between now and November. Also with the number of motors in the Proton, that consumes most of my PB motor budget!

Hey Punk, Nice photos! Those night shots are awesome!

As for the re-build, we could have it ready for PB but we don't want to take away time needed to complete the Proton build. I'd like to rebuild the booster too & fly that combo again...........someday.

Happy Father's Day to all the team dads and the rest of the dads on TRF!

hate that I missed this. sorry to hear about the d-bag but the nosecone video was sick...Todd, Jim and Mike, keep your filthy hands off my woman...

Miss you guys keep up the mayhem I'll be back eventually...

[YOUTUBE]EDqC-s8y4Yg[/YOUTUBE]

On board video from the nose cam of the flight! We wanted to hold off on posting it just in case the Science Channel used the footage... Enjoy!

Last edited:
Thanx for posting the video Todd. Finally have some to post.
Too bad we didn't get more play on the Science Channel but we'll take what we can get.

Sorry to see that guys, we were watching the LDRS show the other night and I got really excited when I saw y'all carrying that awesome bird in one of the crowd scenes.

Later they showed the crushed front-end in a quick shot and I was glad they didn't show the flight. That was one beautiful bird and I hope the rebuild goes well.

...they showed the crushed front-end in a quick shot and I was glad they didn't show the flight. That was one beautiful bird and I hope the rebuild goes well.

Thanks Mikus!

The damage really was confined to the e-bay for the most part. The rebuild will be fairly easy. Here's a list of what will need to be repaired:

Remove and replace crushed e-bay.
Remove and replace 6" of airframe in front of the wing strakes
Remove and replace paper tubes from wing pods
Remove and replace ablative top fin probes
Fiberglass small crack on top of airframe
Spot paint and selectively replace stickers

It makes you feel good when you know your construction techniques and materials can survive a 4000 foot fall and barely get scratched! It also makes you feel good knowing that Stickershock23.com has a free crash replacement policy on their work!

Thanks Mikus!

The damage really was confined to the e-bay for the most part. The rebuild will be fairly easy. Here's a list of what will need to be repaired:

Remove and replace crushed e-bay.
Remove and replace 6" of airframe in front of the wing strakes
Remove and replace paper tubes from wing pods
Remove and replace ablative top fin probes
Fiberglass small crack on top of airframe
Spot paint and selectively replace stickers

It makes you feel good when you know your construction techniques and materials can survive a 4000 foot fall and barely get scratched! It also makes you feel good knowing that Stickershock23.com has a free crash replacement policy on their work!

Todd, I am glad you can fix her. she was BEAUTIFUL.

I do give a crash protection warranty on ALL my decals. BUT replacements aren't FREE. I do them for 1/2 price. but that is still better than paying full price any day!

Todd, I am glad you can fix her. she was BEAUTIFUL.

I do give a crash protection warranty on ALL my decals. BUT replacements aren't FREE. I do them for 1/2 price. but that is still better than paying full price any day!

Thanks for the correction Mark! Luckily only a few of the decals will need to be replaced!

Back