Indy

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcdlr

Reaction score
Any good hobby shops / rocket shops in Indy?
I'm here till Friday.

Welcome, enjoy the city!

There is HobbyTown USA on both the North and South side of town (Castleton and Greenwood) and there is a place called BigBoysToys on the East side (SR 67 and Post Rd) but I haven't been to that one.

What kind of things are you looking for? If you are going to be here a while, there is a launch scheduled on 09/17 in Indy (upto G motor, 4K alt) and a HPR launch up in Muncie (little less than an hor north of Indy) on 09/30 (K motor, 8K atl).

-Aaron

I live just west of Indianapolis, but only recently started back into the hobby, so can't help much. There are a couple of places listed in the yellow pages- one on the north side, and one on the south side- but I've been to neither.

I was in a hobby shop in Plainfield yesterday that had some rocketry stuff. It seems to be mainly a train shop, but had maybe 40 rocket kits, and some of the usual accessories. Almost all Estes, but I did see a Quest or two among them.
It's not very exciting, but if you are on the west side during your visit, I thought you might want to know about it.
It's called Big Four Hobbies (Big Four is a nearby railyard) and is on Main St/ U.S. Hwy 40, on the south side of the road, across from Duke Electric Power (can't miss that). It shares a building with a gym.

I'll be in Carmel through Friday.
I've been to the Hobbytown out North and will go again. They had a lot of neat things.
---
Big Boy's Toys sounds good.
I'll look it up and see if they have a web site.

I'll look for that other place as well. Thanks.

If you're on the south side - uh... 50 miles south, you are welcome to stop by the JonRocket.com "showroom". :D

John (not Jon) Arthur

www.JonRocket.com

Back