Indiana Rocketry Launch, Ash Grove Indiana...Sunday May 4th.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SS/EA 6BBL 71 Cuda

Reaction score
That's right everyone, just approved tonight at the Club meeting...we will be returning to our Ash Grove Indiana Field on Sunday May 4th!
Why:confused: Because i feel a need to shove a *BIG* "N" up a Gizmo XL's @$$ and, put it into the stratosphere...:D

Seriously though, we will be flying from 10am EST. till dusk if needed. Miles and, miles of tree-less recovery on a 16k standing waiver...with UNLIMITED call ins to 22k if requested!
That's right keep Billy's phone constantly buzzing folks! (He was the only one that volunteered to be the Prefect this year!):D

Kids fly free, also welcome to use our "Bucket-O-Rockets" if they don't have any...BOTH EX and, Commercial fly too...Same day!
Why:confused: Because we carry our own insurance and, we have a Club Lawyer too back us up...:D

Easy access to I-65 here in west central Indiana with many gas stations and, Burger joints five minutes down the road...
You can see the map/GPS coordinates on our website if your directionally challenged.

Wilson F/X Launch System...throwing Lightning Bolts to the pads for safe, reliable launches button push after push!
Heck even the field gophers got tired of dissing themselves when we did that...and, packed up and, left town...*bonus* NO gopher holes to step in!;)

Two Estes Racks and, multiple stands...including the "Tower of Power" available for even the biggest projects!
(Let us know in advance on the *need* for the Tower though.)

Club Photographer David Reese will be there too make you famous with his high quality work!
Better use him now or never folks....He done graduated and, the "Doctor" is fielding job offers. Heck he even got a couple of emails tonight from the Chinese...:eek: They REALLY need some help as the last time i looked their running about 45 years behind trying to get to the Moon!:rolleyes:

For a dollar we'll even sell you a copy of Reese's Thesis..."A brief history of incompetence in management at NASA."
It's a delightful read, plus he needs gas money too get back to California!:eek:

On a serious note, this will be our last time at *The Grove* until Fall as the farmers are staging equipment and, getting ready to plant...We want all of you to make time and, come visit us for some great moments and, great memories.

From the little club with alot of heart and, really great people...we welcome EVERYONE to our backyard!:D

PLUS: You get to see where some people bring their REALLY big stuff to fly when they can't do it in their own backyard...Right Timmy?:neener:
Now wheres my "N" motor Lehr?:duck:

Last edited:
I think I had the wrong thesis there....let me check here...somewhere here...
*uncrinkle* *uncrinkle* *smooth....smooth..*

Here it is!:D

"The failure of NASA to put a man on Mars in my friend Gus's lifetime even when as a child he saw the movie *Capricorn One* in a theater and, never lost hope in the power of the human mind,body or spirit..."

That's more like it...

Last edited:
A launch at Ash Grove this coming Sunday???

What a nice surprise on this Monday morning :eek:

Sound good to me. if anyone needs a certain AT motor let me know before Fri. and I will try to make sure I have it with me (PM, Phone, e-mail).
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude
Countyline Cycles and Hobbies
Groverfown, IN.
576-540-1123
[email protected]

Last edited:
Club Photographer David Reese will be there too make you famous with his high quality work!
Better use him now or never folks....He done graduated and, the "Doctor" is fielding job offers. Heck he even got a couple of emails tonight from the Chinese...:eek: They REALLY need some help as the last time i looked their running about 45 years behind trying to get to the Moon!:rolleyes:

For a dollar we'll even sell you a copy of Reese's Thesis..."A brief history of incompetence in management at NASA."
It's a delightful read, plus he needs gas money too get back to California!:eek:

Can't decide which I like more... flying at the Ash Grove site or reading Gus's prose... :cheers:

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS to Doctor Dave! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Been a substantial investment in time and $, but opens the doors to many awesome future endeavors. Don't forget us little folk here in the midwest.

And RSVP'ing my regrets for the launch... prior commitment to the FVR launch in Woodstock. Will be administering some L2 exams and monitoring strict adherence to my waiver, maybe even putting up a little K700, leftover from Thunderstruck. Have a great weekend, guys.

Last edited:
Congratulations Doctor Dave!

I mentioned the launch to my daughter this morning. If she wants to go, we will be there. Squat Daddy had an unfortunate accident with some errant adhesive. It appears somebody let some glue run between the nose cone and BT when making a fin repair. I can't think of what old klutz would have done that one. However, she has plenty of other rockets to bring if she wants to go down.

I burned off the last of my high power motors Saturday. I am not sure that I will bring anything bigger than a G motor if I show up. But, I may have to see what Bob has available.

Aww Man! This launch is a week too early for me, since finals are next week. If it would have been the following week I could have made it. Oh well, there is always the BBQ launch in Princeton on the 25th.

And RSVP'ing my regrets for the launch... prior commitment to the FVR launch in Woodstock. Will be administering some L2 exams and monitoring strict adherence to my waiver, maybe even putting up a little K700, leftover from Thunderstruck. Have a great weekend, guys.

You mean....that what you mean....is that YOU and, ROLLO will not be here? That means that the *pile* of Doggy Snacks keeps ugh....piling up around here for my fat little fuzzy friend!:eek: You better mean to get to the Wildman Weekend of Thunder (and, C:D:DKOUT!) before, i get MEAN from the smell of all this stuff! I mean, you realize dogs may like it....but, peoples don't think it smells too good.....If you know what i mean.:p

Congratulations Doctor Dave!

I mentioned the launch to my daughter this morning. If she wants to go, we will be there. Squat Daddy had an unfortunate accident with some errant adhesive. It appears somebody let some glue run between the nose cone and BT when making a fin repair. I can't think of what old klutz would have done that one. However, she has plenty of other rockets to bring if she wants to go down.

I burned off the last of my high power motors Saturday. I am not sure that I will bring anything bigger than a G motor if I show up. But, I may have to see what Bob has available.

Bob will have something...:eek: and, i have something for that nosecone problem thing... One of my famous "Shot heard round the world ejection charges!":rolleyes: Wrap that body tube in some duct-tape and, wait till apogee...

Problem solved.

Aww Man! This launch is a week too early for me, since finals are next week. If it would have been the following week I could have made it. Oh well, there is always the BBQ launch in Princeton.

Wait till your priorities in life turn too work...work...work...bills...bills...bills....work...taxes....death...
I'll see you at Princeton Squirt!;) Bring something that impresses me.:eek:

Just had a commitment from Dennis "Da Fuzzy One" that he's coming! Wants me to bring/borrow my personal stand....Wooooo...
That means TWO N's flying...
GOOOOODDDD!:grin:

Last edited:
I just told daughter there will be 2 N's. She said we are going. At least we did something right in her raising.

Sunset is 8:42pm on May 4th 2014. I can set the waiver for say 8:30pm. Is that late enough?
Is it going to be Class III? ? ?

Sunset is 8:42pm on May 4th 2014. I can set the waiver for say 8:30pm. Is that late enough?
Is it going to be Class III? ? ?

No, just an M flight. Let me see if this will work--I should be able to get there around ~2:30pm. I will let you know in a day or two.

Well, OK, an M Sparky!

Did someone just say SPARKY? Hey Dixie, how are my Oil Stocks doing today? Haven't received a Dividend Check in while.....may have too do an *audit* of your propellant bunker...;)
Glad you can make it out!

Let's see....Bob, Claude, Fuzzy, Wild Bill K., E-Daddy and, little E-Momma, Dixie and, Gus...Who's Next?

View attachment 170541

*Really good music there....*

I made a personal goal over the next year that we'd (including the wife and Seana) make it to many more Ash Grove launches than in the past.

1st launch comes up... $(#&@+# Oncall and no option to get out of it. :bang:

Have fun... Maybe Princeton in May... (I'd better behave - the wife is watching the posts on her Ipad..)
(Honey - You... Uh "We" still have motor casings to clean...)

Last edited:
Lol!! Nice one Gus.....if I wasn't going to Orangeburg this weekend, I'd be there since I'm off for 12 days starting Thursday.....I'll be sure to post pics so you can pull the trigger and get out there......Oh yeah, it's gunna be in the 80's there!!! Have a good launch Gus (and the rest of the Indiana guys/gals) and burn that L sparky or no more cheese curds for you....

Did someone just say SPARKY? Hey Dixie, how are my Oil Stocks doing today? Haven't received a Dividend Check in while.....may have too do an *audit* of your propellant bunker...;)
Glad you can make it out!

Let's see....Bob, Claude, Fuzzy, Wild Bill K., E-Daddy and, little E-Momma, Dixie and, Gus...Who's Next?

View attachment 170541

*Really good music there....*

Last edited:
I don't have anything to fly, but I should be there to de-stress before finals!

Have a good launch Gus (and the rest of the Indiana guys/gals) and burn that L sparky or no more cheese curds for you....

Shhhh......:no: DON'T anyone tell Preston that "IF" he were to look in the High Power Rocketry (HPR) section, page two...under "One of Preston Nobile's Skidmark motors in action." (Nineteen replies, 658 views!) :p

That he might not only SEE :surprised: previously said motor in action but, get some on board video from the flight that was downloaded to my humble little You-Tube account.

Heck i would post the *link thingy* but, it took me about a year to learn just how to multiple quote... That's ALSO why the video is so short due to someone :rolleyes: not :rolleyes: knowing :rolleyes: that the cameras SD card was full.

I don't have anything to fly, but I should be there to de-stress before finals!

Good, i need some help and, you will do just fine.
See, i've got this Gizmo XL (The HOLY $#!% Hand Grenade of Antioch) that i WILL need some help stuffing the recovery system into to fly that CTI 6XL motor casing in it...

Can you say 20#'s of *stuff* in a 5# bag:confused:

I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon...

Anne thinks i'm going to burn in an eternal lake of fire.....I always say: "The C*tholic Church got you, i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with your Saints..."

See you all Sunday! :cool:

You got me there Gus, didn't see the thread until now....Glad to see you finally burned that sparky!!! I guess there may be some cheese curds for you in the near future!!!

Preston

Shhhh......:no: DON'T anyone tell Preston that "IF" he were to look in the High Power Rocketry (HPR) section, page two...under "One of Preston Nobile's Skidmark motors in action." (Nineteen replies, 658 views!) :p

That he might not only SEE :surprised: previously said motor in action but, get some on board video from the flight that was downloaded to my humble little You-Tube account.

Heck i would post the *link thingy* but, it took me about a year to learn just how to multiple quote... That's ALSO why the video is so short due to someone :rolleyes: not :rolleyes: knowing :rolleyes: that the cameras SD card was full.

Good, i need some help and, you will do just fine.
See, i've got this Gizmo XL (The HOLY $#!% Hand Grenade of Antioch) that i WILL need some help stuffing the recovery system into to fly that CTI 6XL motor casing in it...

Can you say 20#'s of *stuff* in a 5# bag:confused:

I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon...

Anne thinks i'm going to burn in an eternal lake of fire.....I always say: "The C*tholic Church got you, i'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with your Saints..."

See you all Sunday! :cool:

Looky...looky...looky here...:eek: Whats that sitting on my porch:confused:

I knnnnnoooooowww! :D

Going too be busy in Ohio on Saturday with the OAMC crew but, Sunday...oh Sunday in my backyard will be filled with much evil...:surprised:

Captain BIG "N"uts is ready to play...:lol:

View attachment 170761

Gus we always enjoy launching with great people and especially when you are there on Sundays.

I just received word that the fields have been planted. We have to scrub this weekends launch (04May2014). Sad news but it's in our long term best interest to keep the farmers happy.

Back