Im thinking "Side Effects"...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gary I think your rocket (the one you think is ugly) could be an interplanetary transport in the far future. The business end reminds me or a charged ring linear accelerator. Which would of course work as an ion rocket. Scotty dog As for your beautiful piece of insanity that you came up with that is an interstellar transport. Same business end workings just more powerful with the pointed end for the ion motor to spit out fast moving ions and suck the atomic fuel in from the front using the ion funnel generator that is the nose cone. Both are things of beauty.

Last edited:
Getting closer to "Go For Launch"
Covered and glued (ca) the dowels on the top.
Built the MMT with a little detail work.
AND...I thru some laundry and other things in it and took it outside today for the swing test.
No NC weight needed at this time.

imperial 010.jpg

imperial 013.jpg

imperial 012.jpg

imperial 017.jpg

imperial 020.jpg

Man, that's a beauty!
And it flies too! First flight CMASS last Saturday.B6-4 Lost part of the NC.The ornament and one ring came off. I was talking with Tony V about it and he says he just saw a child with it. Tony walks over to mission control, and lo and behold,it (parts) had been turned in. SWEET! Thanks kid?????? you to Tony.
When I was filling out the flight card,where it said "name" my hand took over and signed it "Gold Finger".

Im thinking on building another just a tad bit bigger.
Go with a different style NC,with eyes,throw some arms on it,pigment of a green and yellowish ,something something ?
Call it "MANTIS"
Thats what I see when I look at it ,a Pray Mantis...dont know why,just do,ya see?
Anywhoo..no flight shots of it,actualy,I didnt get any shots of my birds flying. I stood back and just watched for a change. Yup,all 11 of them.The view isnt the same running a cam.
Anywhoo..what to think of next..HHHHHHMMMMMMM...

Attachments

• Cmass 9-28-13 022.jpg
    Cmass 9-28-13 022.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 12
Of course it flies! I would expect no less from the master of thinking outside the box!

WoW!! Wonderful! :clap: Masterful... I need some of your brain. :)

Anywhoo..no flight shots of it,actualy,I didnt get any shots of my birds flying. I stood back and just watched for a change. Yup, all 11 of them.The view isnt the same running a cam.

Not to hijack the thread... but as I have ranted in the past... I don't understand videos anyways. Two pixels leaping skyward while the wind noise plays, then autofocus goes bat crazy... and it's done.... just don't get it... :confused2: :wink:

I agree I am missing something when peering at my rocket through the viewfinder. However I also get huge satisfaction after the fact at shots like the one I took of staging in the my launch report from last Saturday in the Watering Hole. You never really see that as it's happening. I see it as a hobby in a hobby.

Again what a great bird!

WoW!! Wonderful! :clap: Masterful... I need some of your brain. :)

Not to hijack the thread... but as I have ranted in the past... I don't understand videos anyways. Two pixels leaping skyward while the wind noise plays, then autofocus goes bat crazy... and it's done.... just don't get it... :confused2: :wink:

I agree I am missing something when peering at my rocket through the viewfinder. However I also get huge satisfaction after the fact at shots like the one I took of staging in the my launch report from last Saturday in the Watering Hole. You never really see that as it's happening. I see it as a hobby in a hobby.

Again what a great bird!

I hear ya,Ive spent many a minutes watching and "rewinding" vids of each one of my scratchers leaving the nest.
I think this is the first time I didnt vid at least one shot.
I coulda/shoulda shot a vid of the first flight of "Gold Finger" .
Anywhoo thanks for giving me the :clap:
I started a new scratcher lastnight. Something different. :wink:
Can you say "Retro"?

Congrats. How did those cool nose cone fins hold up on the landing?
When landing on 6"-8" of hay grass,not bad.
Ive dropped it a few times while building it. The first 1/2" folds/bends real easy.This may end up being a "One and Done" rocket. Or at least till snow cover.

Back