iArrow on iOS is dead (bearing/range to coordinates app) ... any replacements out there?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrouchoDuke

Reaction score
To keep from lugging around receivers, antennas & wires when hunting for rockets, I used to just enter the coordinates into the iOS app called iArrow and let my iPhone point me which way to go. It looks like that app hasn't been updated in long enough that Apple removed it (or maybe the developer removed it...either way, it's dead). Does anyone have another recommendation for an iPhone app where I can enter a lat/long and have my phone tell me where to go?

Full disclosure: I have a GPS-related app called GPS Location, but I wrote it to only find locations of things (specifically, what coordinates I should enter into my telescope when I was camping with my telescope at some dark sky site). If there isn't anything good out there, I might have to update it or maybe make something new that works as a "finder" app.

Any recommendations? Thanks!

Cool, thanks! I just grabbed that. It's more cumbersome than iArrow was, but it works. I’ll keep my eyes out for other options too.

Yeah, I guess I didn’t look hard enough to get around it. When an app puts up a giant “REGISTER TO CONTINUE,” maybe I should have my shields up a little more.

Back