How to ship motors?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmhiii

Reaction score
A friend of mine was at Hobby Lobby the other day and they had all Aerotech single use motors on sale for $1 each. He bought everyone of them (12 total) for me. Yes, he is a true friend!!

Our question, how does he ship the motors to me? I believe they have to go USPS Ground because of HAZMAT, but is there anything else we need to do? Are there forms to fill out or anything like that?

Thanks in advance for any help!!

bmhiii

bmhiii:
Its my understanding that shipping SU Composite motors from person to person is basically illegal.........
notice I said person to person...
aerotech dealers/distributors are covered by Aerotech's blanket mailing allowances, people are not.....
Now as you are probably aware, people are mailing motors to each other all the time....but if you get caught you will probably end up in more trouble than its worth...

https://www.nar.org/cabinet/shipping.rocket.motors.pdf

ps...you are probably wondering how those engines on the ROL auction are getting to people.....well lets just say, unless the person selling the motors is a dealer/distributor they are breaking the law and taking their freedom in their own hands....

shockie...B)

hope this helps
do whatcha gotta do...

Shock,

Thanks for the info, it's exactly what I needed to know. I don't think I'll have my buddy send them to me but hold them till I get out his way. No one needs to get busted for a few rocket motors.

Thanks again for the info...

bmhiii

Back