How Much Nu-Finsh

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jraice

Reaction score
How much nu-finish will I need for an 8' 4" diameter rocket and a 7' 7.5" diameter rocket?

Is one container enough? Its cheap and I am ordering it direct so should I get a few more?

What do you guys think?

One bottle is enough to do several cars. I think one will be plenty for a couple of rockets. But it won't hurt to buy a couple.

Sounds good... For rocket use should I get the 14oz paste or 16oz liquid? Seems like paste would be best for a rocket but I wouldnt know... Thanks guys

Sounds good... For rocket use should I get the 14oz paste or 16oz liquid? Seems like paste would be best for a rocket but I wouldnt know... Thanks guys
So what is the deal with Nu-Finish? Please enlighten me...

Its a car "wax" without any actual wax in it and I have seen a lot of guys coat their rockets with it... Almost like a clear coat but it can be added again after wear...

Ill be doing it because I wont be clear coating... After painting I plan to use finessit-II (automotive polish but less aggressive so it works with spray can type paints) to get a smooth surface and then the nu-finish over that to give it some more shine...

OK, so not for protecting decals - just the paint finish.

A lot of people use the finessit-II then decals then nu-finish... I am only 90 percent sure but I could of sworn I saw a few people on here talking about that.

Why do you need to order it? It is pretty cheap retail (I think I paid like $7 or $8), and my local supermarket even has it (I don't think they even have "regular" car waxes). Most auto stores should sell it, and you could probably find it at Walmart/Target (but neither lists it online).

Edit: I think Walgreens sells it. This is a very common product, and it should be easy to find.

Thats what I was trying to figure out :/

I could see both working so I dont know

The stuff I have is called liquid, but it is actually more of a gel. It is probably easier to apply than a paste because it wipes on without any pressure.

Where's Micromeister when you need him? :)

jraice: try a forum search on Nu-Finish and you should find numerous posts by Micromeister about using it. I'm guessing they will answer your questions. Sorry, I haven't tried it myself yet, though I did buy a can of the paste. Well, I did try it on a small area, and it seemed easy to use.

Latest posts

Back