Hiding Compononts in OpenRocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd also add a contextual menu option to enable/disable.

Not red for disabled, though, probably something more like grey-out the disabled components (a more standard visual indicator). We'll be using colors for other purposes sometime soon. :)
I like the idea of enabled/disabled components... Some kits come with adapters, and being able to use a single sim to represent the different diameter options is appealing to me. I'm a little curious about how nested adapters (IIRC, the SBR Diablo comes with nesting adapters to allow it to fly on more than two diameters of motors) would be handled.

I also would applaud the idea of greyed out displays, as some people are colorblind (not myself), and this would make it easier for them to understand what's going on... That, or using other shapes (such as bold checkmarks (for enabled) and red octagons (for disabled)), or just a slider that has clear (highligted) labels for enabled/disabled.

I like the idea of enabled/disabled components... Some kits come with adapters, and being able to use a single sim to represent the different diameter options is appealing to me. I'm a little curious about how nested adapters (IIRC, the SBR Diablo comes with nesting adapters to allow it to fly on more than two diameters of motors) would be handled.

I also would applaud the idea of greyed out displays, as some people are colorblind (not myself), and this would make it easier for them to understand what's going on... That, or using other shapes (such as bold checkmarks (for enabled) and red octagons (for disabled)), or just a slider that has clear (highligted) labels for enabled/disabled.
Always a good reminder to be careful about using colors as state indicators in UI.

Back